Today we grant you an exclusive look behind the scenes: In addition to our Top 10 pre-owned luxury watches 2019, we would like to honor Rolex, the queen of watch brands, with an own list, which is well deserved due to its dominance in the sales market.
As much as we are used to Rolex as a top dog, it is always interesting to see which models really stand out year by year. Of course, series like the Submariner, GMT-Master II and Datejust are dominating the upper ranks – but be surprised who took the first place of the certified pre-owned Rolex watches of 2019. Also, the second guard around the Explorer II, Explorer and Milgauss had a strong year showing that the affordable stainless steel sports watches are very popular again.
Top 10 certified pre-owned Rolex watches
10. Beginning of a legend: The Oyster Perpetual 114300Whether in black, white or vivid aquamarine, the Rolex Oyster Perpetual (Ref. 114300) cuts a fine figure in any color and has secured the tenth place in our list. Thanks to the patented Oyster case and bracelet, the collection is the largest in Rolex’s assortment and is being produced since 1931. The latest model features the Caliber 3132.
ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL 114300
9. All-rounder: The Explorer 214270The Rolex Explorer (Ref. 214270) is a slightly forgotten icon, which is why we are very pleased that more customers are becoming more and more obsessed with its versatility and sporty lines. As one of the cheapest (and thinnest) stainless steel sports watches in Rolex's catalog, the Explorer captivates with its black dial and understatement.
8. A magnet’s fear: The Milgauss 116400GVWhat distinguishes Rolex from other brands is that they design watches specifically for different niches. The Milgauss (Ref. 116400GV) was developed for engineers and scientists who are exposed to strong magnetic fields in their profession. The ferromagnetic alloy of the housing can withstand up to 1,000 Gauss. Since your watch is also exposed to more and more magnetic fields in everyday life (keyword: induction stove), the Ref. 116400GV has also reached a larger audience thanks to its stylish design where you can choose between a black or blue dial.
7. Cult remains cult: The Daytona 116520In recent decades, no Rolex has gained more profile than the Rolex Daytona (Ref. 116520). Once a slow seller, many models are now being sold at auctions for millions. No worries, you don’t have to invest that much when buying a Ref. 116520. The screw-in pusher, the perfectly proportioned design and the secret star, the Caliber 4130, are already available below 20,000 euros with a certificate.
ROLEX DAYTONA 116520
6. Cave explorer: The Explorer II 16570Specially developed for speleologists and mountaineers, the Rolex Explorer II (Ref. 16570) has also proven itself in everyday use. Robust, durable and purposeful like its wearer, the Explorer II has become a fixture in Rolex’s range and is now in a solid sixth place among our Top 10 used Rolex watches.
5. Deep diver: The Deepsea 116660Advancing into the depths of the bathyal zone with the Rolex Deepsea (Ref. 116660). Depths of up to 4,000 meters are possible, whereby a concept model accompanied James Cameron down to 8,000 meters into the challenger depth. Ringlock system, helium outlet valve and triple crown make it possible and secure fifth place for the Deepsea.
4. Timeless luxury: The Datejust 16233Rolex's most popular dress watch is particularly loved by the slightly older generation. Honestly, the look is so timeless that Rolex did not change it much in 2019. The Rolex Datejust (Ref. 16233) stands out with its Rolesor and the beloved Jubilee bracelet.
ROLEX DATEJUST 16233