Every year brings the same challenge: finding the right gift for your loved ones. Most importantly, this should be a gift that comes from the heart and accompanies them for a lifetime. The holiday season is well underway, gingerbread and seasonal cookies have been on sale for months. But have you thought up a brilliant idea for a gift? We'd be glad to help you. With a luxury watch, you are not only giving a high-quality Christmas gift, but also something very personal, which should express your appreciation for that special someone perfectly. A gift that could bring a lifetime of joy. We'd like to feature the most popular wristwatches for men that would be a perfect gift under your Christmas tree.
The perfect Christmas gift for men
What could be a better Christmas present than a fine luxury watch? You cannot buy time per se, but you can buy a stylish and exclusive timepiece. Moreover, men's luxury watches are extremely popular as Christmas gifts, not only in Germany, but all over the world. Because this is such a high-quality and unique gift, it can provide its recipient a lifetime of joy with the proper care.
The Internet search for men's luxury watches for Christmas or luxury gifts for men can quickly become overwhelming. On top of that, new luxury watches are often very expensive, which is why it is worth looking for pre-owned watches. This way you can give a gift in the form of a future investment without spending a fortune. Let's have a look at a few of the most popular Christmas gifts for men in the world of luxury watches.
The Top 10 most popular men's watches for Christmas
The best Christmas present for him
- An absolute classic and the most popular model from Rolex – as well as among all luxury watches – is the Submariner. First introduced in 1954, this diving watch stands out for its classic, timeless design, which has only changed a little over the years. As the first watch worn by James Bond, it reflects both sporty elegance and robust versatility. Moreover, a model from the Submariner series can be matched with both leisure and business wear. In our opinion, this makes it an ideal gift!
ROLEX SUBMARINER 116610LN
- The Heritage Black Bay from Tudor is a diving watch that can rival the top names in the luxury watch industry. Its sporty design offers an innovative reinterpretation of its predecessors. Its appearance draws on the flagship of Tudor's parent company, the Rolex Submariner. However, affordable prices and excellent quality make models from the Heritage Black Bay range a perfect alternative and a great Christmas present.
- Hardly any other watch is as synonymous with motorsports as the TAG Heuer Monaco. With its distinctive square case and automatic chronograph movement, the watch has caused a sensation, not least in the film "Le Mans". The dial of the watch is precisely scaled and a date window is located at 6 o'clock. Quick and easy-to-read – the water-resistant Monaco meets every demand made of it exceptionally.
- The bestseller from Omega is the Speedmaster Moonwatch. It was the first watch on the moon on the wrist of Buzz Aldrin and made history in 1969 on the Apollo 11 mission. Called "Speedy" by enthusiasts, this 42 mm pilot's watch also cuts a fine figure when worn with a suit. An important feature of the Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional Chronograph is the manual winding mechanism. This is due to the absence of gravity in space, where an automatic movement would have been useless.
OMEGA SEAMASTER AQUA TERRA 150 M 126.96.36.199.03.004
- The models in the Luminor Marina series by Panerai have a robust, yet understated appearance in a 40 mm cushion-shaped case with a focus on the essentials – the display of the time. The numbers 6 and 12 are emphasized and the hands are luminescent for better readability. There is a date display at 3 o'clock and a small second hand at 9 o'clock. Additionally, the Luminor Marina's crown is protected and fixed in position by a clever mechanism that prevents any accidental adjustments.
- Timepieces from Zenith are known above all for their high-precision Primero movement. For a long time, these were also used by Rolex, for instance in the Daytona. Zenith has dedicated an entire series to this legendary movement: the Zenith El Primero. These watches are chronographs with a demand for absolute perfection, and yet also a little playful. Enthusiasts appreciate that Zenith produces all parts and components in-house. The company takes pride in this and a few models with crystal case backs allow a look into the watch's complex inner workings.
- Breitling is also among the top 10 men's watches for Christmas with its legendary Navitimer. It is the quintessential pilot's watch and has changed very little in appearance since its debut in 1952 – and for good reason. Its renowned slide rule bezel makes the watch extremely recognizable and is also a reason for its immense community of enthusiasts. In the meantime, the Navitimer series is offered in a wide range of sizes, colours and models – depending on your needs, there should be just the right model for your special man.
BREITLING NAVITIMER 01 46 MM AB012721.BD09.443A
- The Patek Philippe Calatrava is captivating with its classic design. The manufacturer is one of a few watchmakers who have remained independent and in family hands. Patek Philippe stands for highest standards in production and exclusivity. Calatrava models are considered the epitome of classic elegance and are the perfect companion for your everyday life.
- Audemars Piguet revolutionized the watch market in 1972 with the Royal Oak. The Royal Oak was the first sports watch made entirely of stainless steel. After initial scepticism about a watch that looked like it was inspired by a diving helmet which cost almost ten times more than a Submariner, it quickly became a huge success. Its extremely distinct design helped it achieve an extraordinary level of recognizability. With its release, the Royal Oak series established a new category of premium sports watches and is in high demand among watch collectors today.
- And finally, we would like to feature the IWC Portugieser. IWC has proven that high-quality chronographs do not necessarily have to be extremely expensive with this series. The models are available with a white or black dial and come in uniformly large case sizes. The Portugieser series is sporty and elegant for an IWC model and can be matched with jeans and T-shirt as well as with a suit in the office.
Men's watches for Christmas at Watchmaster
So far, we haven't told you what all these men's watches have in common and revealed what is best. You can find all of these series and watches in our online shop – and at comparatively low prices. Because Watchmaster deals exclusively in certified, pre-owned luxury watches, we can offer you luxury watches at the best value. Every single watch is thoroughly inspected, technically and visually serviced to ensure the best possible condition and its authenticity certified by our in-house master watchmakers.
Since all of the timepieces we offer have already had a previous owner, they are often more affordable than brand-new luxury watches. This means that you can purchase a ladies' or men's watch for Christmas for as little as €1,000. Not only are you able to purchase a valuable gift, but a worthwhile investment as well. At the same time, you will find a wide range of vintage watches that are no longer available. For example, what about giving a watch from your special someone's birth year as a very special and personal gift?
If you are overwhelmed with Christmas preparations, we offer easy payment by credit card, PayPal or bank transfer as well as the option of financing your watch. Create an individual instalment plan and receive that special package in only a few days. This way, your Christmas surprise is sure to make a splash – even it's a last minute decision – and nothing will stand in the way of the perfect gift for your Christmas celebration.
ROLEX DATEJUST 116233