Buy affordable Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore online
Since 1993, the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore
, also known as “The Beast”, has caused a stir in the world of Haute Horlogerie. However, it has certainly done so in a positive manner rather than in a negative way. Nevertheless, the Royal Oak Offshore
has divided opinions in the world of watches since its launch. The AP Offshore
undoubtedly resembles the Royal Oak in its main features, but in addition it looks much more powerful, masculine and sporty
than its older brother.
Buying and financing your Royal Oak Offshore
With the huge selection of Royal Oak Offshore models on offer, it certainly isn’t easy to choose the model for you. However, if you have managed to find a watch from Audemars Piguet, you can pay for the watch of your dreams via PayPal, instant bank transfer or credit card
. If you wish to finance your AP Royal Oak Offshore
and pay in manageable instalments, select the financing option at the checkout. In just a few days, you will be able to enjoy your Royal Oak Offshore watch.
Visual and technical features
The AP Royal Oak Offshore
has divided opinions like few other watches around. With a solid case with an octagonal bezel
and a highly technical design
, the watches are reminiscent of the famous Lamborghini sports cars born out of Sant'Agata Bolognese. A distinctive feature of the Offshore is the unmistakable family affiliation with the Royal Oak, only the Offshore is proportionately larger, more masculine and has an even sportier appearance. The dial is always in a timelessly modern “Tapisserie” or “Méga Tapisserie” design
and usually features chronograph totalisers. The only exception is the Royal Oak Offshore Diver
, as this model is a diver's watch with no chronograph function
In addition, the solid and visible gasket seal on bezel, the silicon caps on the crown and pushers, the stylized crown protection and the curved bracelet links are characteristic visual features of the Offshore models
. The Offshore was also the first technical innovation with a mechanical movement that could be placed inside an anti-magnetic cover. This was made possible by the unprecedented case size, which was initially laughed at and described as “monstrous”. The Audemars Piguet's Royal Oak Offshore
uses a wide variety of materials
. In addition to classics such as steel, rose gold and platinum, the collection also features ceramic, titanium and forged carbon. The same goes for the Offshore bracelets
on offer. The possibilities are virtually endless here thanks to the choice of steel, gold, platinum, rubber and alligator leather.
such as the “Calibre 2385” can be admired through a sapphire crystal back on some models of the Royal Oak Offshore which also reveals beautifully crafted engravings on the flywheel. In addition to delivering the required energy for indicating the time, it drives the chronograph's totalisers and the date complication. The standard Offshore models have a 50-hour power reserve and the Royal Oak Offshore Tourbillon Chronograph has an impressive 73-hour reserve.
Models and prices of Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore
- The Royal Oak Offshore (Ref. 26400RO.OO.A002CA.01) has a 44 mm rose gold case and a black “Méga Tapisserie” dial design with rose gold hands. The dial includes the chronograph totalisers, a small seconds hand and a classic date window under a date magnifier window at 3 o'clock. Furthermore, the automatic movement can also be admired through the sapphire crystal back. For a price of €34,500, this impressive timepiece could be yours soon.
- The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph (Ref. 26480TI.OO.A027CA.01) is a little sportier than these other models. This version has a 42 mm titanium case with a rubber strap. For €30,500, you could be wearing this phenomenal timepiece on your wrist in no time.
- Co-designed with the Terminator and ex-governor of California, the Royal Oak Offshore T3 Limited Edition (Ref. 25863TI.00.A001CU.01) is a genuine rarity. With the series limited to 1,000 pieces, this Offshore model is number 114 and is reminiscent of Arnold Schwarzenegger's third blockbuster instalment “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.” The case of the watch measures in at a massive 48 mm but is amazingly light due to the titanium used. Another special feature of this model is the striking crown and pusher protectors, which resemble a set of brass knuckles. For €20,000, you can get your hands on this extremely rare model.
- The Royal Oak Offshore (Ref. 26170ST.OO.D101CR.02) one of the sportiest Audemars Piguet watch styles ever created. The black leather strap with its decorative stitching picks up the red of the tachymeter scale, the small seconds sub-dial and the seconds hand of the chronograph. The white dial ensures very good readability and, in combination with the light stainless steel of the case, creates a lovely contrast with the black of the bracelet. Make your move into the fast lane with this high-performance timepiece for €12,050.
The history of the Royal Oak Offshore
It was the young and talented designer Emmanuel Gueit
who originally came up with the idea of updating the legendary Royal Oak
as designed by Gérald Gentas in 1972. A daring idea that, at the time of its presentation to the Audemars Piguet board of directors, was met with nothing but subdued reactions. In addition, the youthful in-house designer had yet to make a name for himself at that time. However, it wasn’t long before the then managing director stepped in. The brand’s management decided to use Gueit’s proposed design and christened the new creation the Royal Oak Offshore
When the AP Royal Oak Offshore
was finally presented at Baselworld 1993
, a murmur went through the crowd. While the case diameter of the Offshore is considered a normal size today and varies between 37mm, 42mm, 44mm, 45mm and even 48mm depending on the model, its 42mm was considered much too large at that time and immediately earned the watch the nickname “The Beast”
. Nevertheless, this daring new timepiece quickly found favour in the watchmaking world and didn’t have to fight to justify its existence. The Offshore series is still regarded as Audemars Piguet's experimental platform for new materials and design concepts, which is why there are now more than 120 model variants of the Offshore.
Worn by the stars: the Offshore
The fact that Audemars Piguet
is one of the favourite brands of the world's rich and famous is truly no longer a surprise. The Royal Oak Offshore
is also a very popular model among them. Jay Z, 50 Cent, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Damian Lewis, Conor McGregor, Mesut Özil, Lebron James, Denzel Washington and Serena Williams all rely on the sporty Royal Oak Offshore chronographs
that come out of Le Brassus. As a wearer of an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore, you are in the very best of company and are sure to shine with the Hollywood stars.
Other series from Audemars Piguet
- The AP Royal Oak collection is the brainchild of the “Picasso of Haute Horlogerie”; Gérald Genta designed the Royal Oak as a sporty steel watch and thus helped Audemars Piguet ride the storm of the quartz crisis. Nowadays, the Royal Oak is one of the absolute icons of the watch world and enjoys widespread popularity with its characteristic and futuristic design.
- As the name already suggests, the Classic series takes more of a purist approach with its classic design. Round cases on leather straps paired with timeless dial designs create a range of watches that are likely to never go out of fashion.
- The stunning Quantieme Perpetual Calendar is a testimony to the craftsmanship behind the scenes at the family-run Audemars Piguet company. These precious perpetual calendars display the date, day of the week, month, moon phase and power reserve in the most elegant way. Grab yourself one of these classy, elegant watches that will serve you well now and for generations to come.
- For the petrolheads out there, Audemars Piguet offer the Millenary Maserati series. An oval case with an extravagant dial displays the time, a second time zone, a day and night indicator as well as the combined date and power reserve with the Maserati logo. Without doubt an elegant timepiece that will delight car and watch fans alike.
- If modern and futuristic designs are less appealing to you, then you should take a look at the Audemars Piguet Vintage models. From simple and elegant timepieces to classics in the style of the 70s, fans of the designs of days gone by will find what they are looking for here.