Pre-owned Baume & Mercier Classima watches
Buy affordable Classima watches online
With the Classima series
, Baume & Mercier
breathes new life into its classic luxury watches, offering a more modern feel. By purchasing a second-hand Baume & Mercier Classima
, you get precision at an affordable price – the ideal watch to celebrate a new beginning.
Characteristics of the Baume & Mercier Classima
Ever since the company was founded in 1830, Baume & Mercier has been committed to producing luxury watches of the highest quality
. This commitment to quality doesn’t just cover the technical aspects of a watch, but also the comfort it offers. Crocodile effect leather straps ensure that the watches fit comfortably on the wrist. The case diameter is 31 mm for quartz models
and 40 to 42 mm for men's models
. In addition to stainless steel watches, there are also yellow and rose gold versions. With its three-handed design, the Classima
adds to its classic dress watch
character. Blued hands complement the selection in addition to the classic variants in black or gold. At 3 o'clock, there is a date display
discreetly integrated into the layout of the dial. On some models, a guilloché pattern
has been applied to the centre of the dial. The vintage look
of the Roman numerals adds a modern twist with their thin font and uniform bar indices.
The automatic models
in the Classima series
use ETA Valjoux movements
, which are then refined by Baume & Mercier's in-house finishing experts. In addition, the functioning movement is visible through a sapphire crystal case back
What does a pre-owned Baume & Mercier Classima cost?
Baume & Mercier attach great importance to creating attractive and timeless watch models for men and women
. We have put together some interesting pre-owned Baume & Mercier Classima models
that are available at Watchmaster at very reasonable prices.
- If you are looking for the perfect watch to match your suit, you should take a look at the Classima (Ref. M0A10214). This 40 mm model features a black leather strap and is made of polished stainless steel. Roman numerals indicate the hours, while Arabic numerals divide the dial into five-second sections. This three-hand model with blued hours, minutes and a seconds hand is in very good condition. Available for just €1,400, this watch comes with its original box and papers.
- The Classima (Ref. M0A08731) is slightly larger than the 2018 version at 42 mm, but its relatively small height of 9.5 mm means it can be worn on narrow wrists without being too imposing. Notable features of this watch are its silver-coloured dial and the guilloché pattern in the centre. This Classima model is only available pre-owned but at a bargain price of €1,000.
- The Classima (Ref. M0A8692) is a dynamic and sporty dress watch. Two totalisers at 12 and 6 o'clock and a tachymeter scale on the around the outside of the make keeping track of time simple. This stylish Classima series is available for €1,900.
- Baume & Mercier created a particularly elegant Classima model in yellow gold with the Ref. M0A08073. Inside the 33 mm case a high-precision quartz movement provides the powers, while the Roman numerals and a date display at 3 o'clock add classic elegance. For €1,200, you can buy this second-hand Classima watch.
The golden mean: origins of the Classima
The 1950s and 60s were a period of self-discovery for Baume & Mercier. Having attracted attention in the 1940s, especially with its modern watch models for ladies, the company wanted to reiterate its core brand values with a new watch series. Thus, the company established the principle of equilibrium, symbolised by the Greek letter Phi, in their search for “the golden mean”. The fruits of these efforts were the so-called Golden Fifties Watches
, which featured a simplified dial design, classic round cases and fewer complications. This period of reflection resulted in the creation of the classic models in the Classima series
, which are still considered an ideal beginner's watch today by many watch lovers thanks to their minimalist design
Wearers of the Classima: from quantum mechanics to watch mechanics
Many watch brands have well-known brand ambassadors in sports and show business. However, with the Baume & Mercier Classima
it is in fact a pioneer of modern science: Carlo Rovelli
is regarded as one of the most important physicists of the modern age
. His research focuses on quantum mechanics, which deals with the structures and dynamics of matter. If, like Rovelli, you operate in a world where time and space become a relative concept, a classic automatic watch like the Classima can sometimes have a calming grounding effect.
Other series by Baume & Mercier
- When the Riviera was released in 1973, it was one of the first sports watches made of steel. With this advancement, Baume & Mercier responded to the changing demands of customers in the luxury watch market. Not least because of its iconic dodecagonal bezel, the Riviera enjoys immense popularity.
- The Baume & Mercier Clifton Series features a variety of complications that will easily convince you that this is the watch for you. Clifton watches offer classic understatement but know how to impress with their detailed dial and complications such as moon phase, sub-dials and large date window. The models come in an elegant stainless-steel case with bi-colour leather straps.
- Equipped with a tachymeter scale, start and stop function and a date display, the Baume & Mercier Capeland classic sports chronographs are suitable for any situation. The black or brown leather straps give the sporty character of the Capeland an urban feel that will complete your office look.
- If you are looking for a special men's wristwatch, then you should take a look at the Baume & Mercier Hampton for Men series. The rectangular models focus on good readability and subtle sub-dials for quick tracking of time when required. Their subdued colours give them an elegant appearance and the sizable diameters of the cases make this series the ideal partner for the fashionable, self-confident man.
- Feminine and timeless in their appearance, the Promesse Series reflects the ambition to create iconic wristwatches. The Roman numerals, the guilloché dial and the use of precious stones are particularly striking. These elements have been masterfully combined to deliver the promise of an aesthetic ladies' watch.
- With the Hexagon Series Baume & Mercier created a ladies' watch collection that combines both modernity and mystery. Signs of the hexagon can be found both in nature and in the ancient history of mankind. As a watch shape, this particular polygon does the job nicely as well. The extremely flat cases conceal technically sophisticated movements that retain their value well due to the precious cases that surround them.