Discover more about the Breitling Colt Quartz
Buy Breitling Colt Quartz watches new, vintage and used
A Breitling Colt Quartz as an entry into horology
The roots of the current Breitling Colt series are in the 1980s when Breitling designed a men's watch for the military forces. From the functional Breitling Colt Military developed the Breitling Colt Quartz and is now a very popular model. This is due not only to its multi-faceted appearance, but also to its comparatively low market price. As the name of the watch suggests, this is not a model with automatic movement. Except for the Breitling Colt Automatic Ref. A1738811, all Colt Series models are powered by one of the best quartz movements, the Breitling SuperQuartz™. It is up to ten times more precise than other quartz movements of well-known manufacturers. This is because Breitling not only has its chronometers certified by the COSC (Contrôle officiel suisse des chronomètres - the official Swiss control office for chronometers), but also the only manufacturer worldwide to certify all its quartz models. Through intensive testing for accuracy at different temperatures a quartz movement has emerged, which passes the 11-day test without any problems. Despite a relatively modest price, the Breitling Colt Quartz offers first-class quality as it is part of the ambitious Breitling Aeromarine family. Already in the 1990s, the Breitling Colt was considered a true status symbol, the combination of military design language, efficiency and functionality has always convinced many watch lovers. That the origin of the series actually military purpose is, can still be seen today in the characteristic design language of all Breitling Colt models. Both new and vintage models convince with functionality, resistance and readability. Summing up all the characteristics of the Breitling Colt Quartz, it is hardly surprising that it is considered a desirable option not only for the entry into the world of Breitling, but into the world of luxury watches in general.
What makes the Breitling Colt stand out?
The one Breitling Colt does not exist. It is coming in countless variations, big or small, automatic or quartz movement with leather, rubber or metal bracelet - in addition there is an impressive variety of colors on the dial. When looking at a Breitling Colt Quartz, however, the racy bezel always strikes the eye first. The indices engraved in it are an optical recognition feature. Even more demonstrative, almost challenging, the four outstanding riders present themselves at three, six, nine and twelve o'clock position. They ensure even easier adjustment of the bezel and also provide good protection of the watch crystal. The mentioned riders can also to be found on the Chronomat and the Galactic, they are considered a trade mark of Breitling. In 2011, Breitling launched an attempt to establish the popular Colt without the distinctive riders (Ref. A7338710 and Ref. A7438710). But this new design turned into a dead end. After more and more calls from customers of the company, the Breitling Colt collection was three years later back again with the characteristic riders on the bezel. One thing that never was lost - the big luminous indices of the watch. As it is waterproof up to a depth of 200 meters, it is a great advantage when diving or under difficult lighting conditions - the watch is easy to read. But even in daylight this is the case, thanks to double-sided anti-reflective sapphire crystal.
From brand ambassadors and loyal wearers
In addition to his acting career, John Travolta is a hobby pilot. Against this background, it seems plausible that the star 2005 became official brand ambassador was. Mainly he was seen in campaigns around the Breitling Navitimer, but has privately, among others, a Colt Quartz. The same is the case for football star David Beckham. Although he does not pursue the hobby of aviation, but is a well-known personality. He was the official face of the Breitling Transocean Chronograph Unitime from 2012 to 2017. Privately, the athlete has some high-profile watches, including many Breitlings - and of course a Breitling Colt Quartz. The well-known adventurer Bear Grylls proves again and again that Breitling proves itself even in extreme situations. He always wears his Breitling Emergency for a good reason: with an emergency beacon built into his watch, he could make sure that help is on the way in case of an emergency.
The current collection of the Breitling Colt Quartz
The new, but also the used Breitling Colt models are characterized by many variations. In the repertoire of the current collection, all but the Breitling Colt Automatic are operated by the renowned SuperQuartz ™ factory. It is ten times more accurate than conventional quartz movements.
- The Breitling Colt Quartz (Ref. A7438811) is relatively cheap with 2,840 € for a new model (A7438811 / BD45 / 173A). It includes more than one SuperQuartz ™ work. Luminous coated hour markers and hands, as well as double-sided anti-reflective sapphire crystal guarantee always a great readability. The waterproofness up to 200 m makes it the ideal watch for diving.
- The Breitling Colt Quartz (Ref. A73380) is used (2008) at 1.800 €. The case has a diameter of 41.1 mm and is made of stainless steel. Three additional totalizers stand out optically in white from the blue dial, the bezel has the classic four riders.
- The Breitling Colt Quartz (Ref. A57035) is an older reference and is used (1996) from 1.200 €. With a case diameter of 38 mm, it is a slightly smaller model that is waterproof up to a depth of 300 meters and is therefore ideal for diving.
- The Breitling Colt Quartz (Ref. A64350) has a steel case and bezel. Its case diameter of 38 mm makes it a classic model of the series. Used (2001) is available from € 1,100.
Other interesting Breitling models
- The Breitling Avenger series convince with absolute robustness. Whether Seawolf, Skyland, Blackbird or others, massive and functional are the defining features.
- The Breitling Superocean is the diving watch par excellence. With its sporty design it attracts since 1957 both professional and recreational divers in its spell.
- The Breitling Navitimer became known as a pilot's watch. Its slide rule bezel was handy for aviation calculations and is its most striking feature today.
- The Breitling Aerospace is rich on features - and exceptionally lightweight. A special feature is probably the intersection of digital and analog display, discover the machine!
- A Breitling Transocean is a classic watch for every occasion. With its timeless design and sophisticated technology, it appeals to a wide range of customers.