Buy a Breitling Old Navitimer pre-owned with certificate
Finance your Old Navitimer – secure and fast
You will find a large selection of certified pre-owned luxury watches in our online shop, including numerous Breitling Old Navitimer models
. Investing in a Breitling Navitimer can be worthwhile: The stainless steel version of the Navitimer, for example, has seen its value increase by 172% between 1996 and 2016, which can equate to several thousand euros if well cared for. Vintage Navitimer models
and discontinued lines such as the discontinued Old Navitimer
are particularly popular with collectors and enthusiasts.
Once you have decided on your favourite model from the Old Navitimer collection, you can pay simply and conveniently by credit card, PayPal or bank transfer. Alternatively, you can also opt for financing
: Payment by instalments allows you to plan your investment over a longer period of time. If you have any further questions, please feel free to consult our customer service.
The original Navitimer and its remake
The Breitling Navitimer
is a classic among aviation watches
. It was originally worn by pilots and aviation officers because of its practical slide rule bezel. Thanks to its unique style, it quickly gained popularity outside of the cockpit.
Since its presentation in the early 1950s, there have been various developments and variations of the Navitimer. The
Breitling Old Navitimer from the year 1993 brought back the iconic design of the original Navitimer. Today, under the category Old Navitimer you will find the original model of that time as well as its new edition. Visually, Old Navitimer watches
are very distinctive and rather large, so that they directly catch the eye.
Old Navitimer models have the aesthetics of a functional tool. They all have a bidirectional rotating bezel with a slide rule function
and they are equipped with three additional sub-dials. Among them is also a handy 12-hour totalizer. In addition, the watch usually carries a date display. Often it is equipped with an elegant leather strap, but there are also variants with a stainless steel bracelet. The case is available in stainless steel, yellow gold or a combination of both materials. The first models were equipped with a manual Valjoux 72 calibre
, a manual winding movement. The new editions of the Old Navitimer
, however, come with an automatic Breitling 13 calibre
, which has a power reserve of 42 hours.
Pre-owned Old Navitimer models and prices
- The Old Navitimer A13330 is a model made of stainless steel with a 41 mm case diameter. It comes with an elegant black leather strap and a black dial with stick indexes. It is equipped with an automatic movement. In very good pre-owned condition such an Old Navitimer model is available for 3,250 €.
- The reference 0816 is a true vintage Old Navitimer model. In good condition, it is available for € 2,700. The case is made of stainless steel and has a diameter of 47mm. The black dial is equipped with bar indices. The watch comes with a black leather strap and is wound manually.
- The Old Navitimer D13022 is an elegant model with a stainless steel and yellow gold case. The watch comes with a black crocodile leather strap. The case has a diameter of 41mm, the dial is black with Arabic numerals and auxiliary dials in champagne. For 3.420 € you get the Old Navitimer in good used condition.
- The Old Navitimer 806 is also a vintage model. In good, used condition it is available from € 3,290. Striking is above all the elegant red leather bracelet. It has a black dial with stick indexes and white sub-dials. The stainless steel case has a diameter of 40mm. The watch is equipped with manual movement.
The history of the series
Although the Navitimer
is one of Breitling's most famous aviator watches, it is not the first one. Before the Navitimer there was the Chronomat, which entered the market in 1942. It was then used by the Air Force of the US Army as the official pilot's watch. The Navitimer was the evolution of the Chronomat
and published in 1952 by Breitling. At that time, onboard computers were not nearly as sophisticated as they are today, and so the Navitimer with its slide rule bezel was a small revolution for aviation. With features such as the straightforward calculation of fuel consumption, average speed and other aviation parameters, it was an absolute novelty back then.
The Old Navitimer
, produced between 1993 and 2002, is more than just a tribute to the original from 1952. It is the optical remake - only the manual winding mechanism has been replaced by an automatic movement
. Since the Old Navitimer is no longer produced, it enjoys today great popularity among watch lovers and collectors.
Other exciting Breitling series
- The Breitling Avenger Blackbird series is particularly robust and intended for professional use. Its sporty design and high-quality materials make them an all-purpose luxury watch. In 2013, the new generations were introduced with the Avenger II Seawolf and Avenger II GMT.
- The Breitling Colt is available at affordable prices, making it a great entry-level model. Originally designed for military use, it still retains its distinctive, masculine look.
- The Breitling Superocean proves that Breitling not only has high-quality airborne timepieces: waterproof and the unidirectional rotating bezel, the classic diver's watch is a perfect underwater companion - but with its sleek design, it looks great in everyday life!
- The Breitling Chronomat is the epitome of the pilot's watch and is one of Breitling's most popular series. Over the years the watch received a variety of visual and technical changes. Vintage models are still popular collectables today.