Buy Cartier Santos Galbée watches certified pre-owned, new and vintage
Finance your Santos Galbée fast and easy
In our online shop, you will find numerous certified, pre-owned luxury watches, including many exciting series of Cartier. A used Cartier Santos Galbée
is usually much more affordable than a new model. The value of an older, no longer produced reference often increases over time. It is important to know that Watchmaster guarantees the quality and authenticity of all watches offered on the website, including your desired Santos Galbée. If you have chosen a watch, you can easily pay by PayPal or credit card. Also financing options
are available if you prefer to pay convenient monthly rates. In case you have open questions - just contact our customer service!
Discover more about the Cartier Santos Galbée
The Cartier Santos
has been on the market for more than 100 years and enjoys constant popularity. Since then, there have been many variations and minor changes, but the iconic Santos design has been retained. The square shape, the Cartier Roman numerals and the visible screws on the bezel give the watch its high recognition value.
Cartier Santos Galbée watches
are available with both quartz and automatic movements. By manufacturing in-house movements, the luxury brand also guarantees the highest quality for the inner workings of their watches. The Santos line also uses materials that don’t react to conventional magnetic fields for maximum accuracy. Like all Cartier watches, the Santos Galbée owns the Cartier developed system, which makes it easy to adjust the length of the bracelet or even change them. The Santos de Cartier line currently consists of three collections: The Santos de Cartier Galbée
, Santos 100
and the Santos Dumont
. The series will be completed with the ladies version of the classic, the Santos Demoiselle
. The Santos Galbée is available in stainless steel only and in a combination of stainless steel and yellow gold. It owes its name "galbée"
(English: vaulted) to its slightly curved case
. It is considered an entry-level watch of the Santos collections
Cartier Santos Galbée prices and models at a glance
The Galbée is a popular Santos variant, which is available in different versions. There is one feature offered by each model of the series: The unique design of the square watch paired with Roman numerals inspired by the Art déco era and the most sophisticated watchmaking. Here you will find two excellent models of the popular series:
- The Cartier Santos Galbée (Ref. 187901) is an elegant stainless steel watch. Its bezel is made of yellow gold, as are the screws on the bracelet. The housing has a diameter of 29 mm. The watch is equipped with quartz movement. The white dial carries a date display at 6 o'clock and Roman numerals. Depending on the age, it is priced in good used condition between €1,700 and €2,520.
- The Santos Galbée 2319 is a classic stainless steel variant of the series. Used, but in good condition, it is priced at around €2,070. With 29 mm, the case diameter is rather small. The white dial is marked with Roman numerals and a date window at 3 o'clock. The watch runs with an automatic movement.
The history of the collection
The history of the Cartier Santos
began early: Louis Cartier developed the first men's wristwatch in the world in 1904. It was a gift for his good friend Alberto Santos-Dumont, a Brazilian aviation pioneer. He was very happy about the pilot's watch, because so far he often had problems reading the time on his pocket watch while flying. However, the Santos was not only in terms of aviation a revolution. Also on the ground it quickly gained in popularity with its unique rectangular design and exclusive prices, replacing the hitherto popular pocket watches. Since then it is a popular classic of the watch house. The angular shape and the visibly attached screws define an unmistakable iconic design. The Santos Galbée
is a popular version of the cult watch, which is characterized by its slightly curved case.
Other interesting Cartier series
- The Ballon Bleu (English: blue balloon) lives up to its name: The round case and the blue sapphire give it that certain special. This elegant wristwatch is the latest creation of the company.
- The original model Pasha was made in 1932 for the Sultan of Marrakech. This wished a watch for bathing: Due to the screw-down crown lock, the Pasha was actually waterproof. To this day, this is one of the main features of the watch.
- The Tank is the most popular Cartier series. Introduced in 1917, it still inspires many watch connoisseurs today with their unique, British battle tank inspired design. Tank Française, Tank Vermeil or Tank Solo - in the variety of variants you will surely find a watch that fits your taste.
- The Panthère de Cartier is considered the most famous watch of the 80s and symbolically implements the classic Panther motif of the luxury brand. In 2017, Cartier launched a stylish reissue of the iconic watch.