Buy Cartier Tank Solo watches used, new and vintage
Second-hand Tank Solo models
can be purchased at reasonable prices. The Watchmaster online shop also offers many other certified pre-owned luxury watches of large and smaller brands, all checked by in-house master watchmakers and provided with a certificate of authenticity. If you have already decided on your favourite Cartier Tank Solo model, you can choose to pay the entire purchase price directly by credit card, bank transfer or via PayPal, or divide the purchase amount into smaller instalments. Financing the Cartier Tank Solo
can be flexibly adapted to your personal needs. You can find more information about the purchase process and your financing options on our website. Our customer service will also be happy to advise you on which option suits you best.
The Cartier Tank Solo within the Tank family
The CartierTank Solo
is a fairly recent update of the classic. It was introduced in 2004 and has been an integral part of the Tank family
ever since. What all tank watches have in common is the rectangular shape
with the vertical thickened racks, which is modelled after the tracks of a battle tank.
The watches are available with two types of bracelets, metal and leather in different colours. The metal bracelets connect seamlessly to the case and are reminiscent of tank caterpillars thanks to their tripartite structure. Stylistically, the first Tanks were inspired by the period of the second Neoclassicism in France, which is considered a precursor of Art Deco. Sibling models like the Tank Americaine or the Tank Française stand out among other things by a slightly modified housing form.
The Tank Solo
is characterised by its simple design
and clear shapes. It is a visual reminder of the Tank Louis Cartier. Most models are equipped with a Quartz movement and are available in different sizes, colours and materials. As a unisex watch, it is suitable for both men and women. The big models measure 34.8 x 27.4 mm in the current collection, while the smaller ones are slightly more restrained at 31 x 24.4 mm. Like all tank models, it is equipped with the typical beaded crown and the sword-shaped hands.
Interesting models of Tank Solo at a glance
The Tank Solo
is available in different materials with different bracelets and dials. Despite its sleek design, the watch is versatile and an eye-catcher on any wrist thanks to its exceptional for shape.
- The Cartier Tank Solo W5200004 has a yellow gold case with a diameter of 27 mm. The jewel on the crown is blue and the typical Roman numerals are aligned to the centre. The purchase price of this used Tank Solo reference is €2,850.
- The Cartier Tank Solo W5200013 is a stainless steel model from the current collection. It features a three-link stainless steel bracelet, blue sword-shaped hands and a slightly shimmering silver dial. In mint condition from 2020, the model costs €2,580 including box and papers.
- The Tank Solo (Ref. WSTA0029) is also made of stainless steel, but is fitted with a leather strap. With a case diameter of 31 mm, it is also one of the larger models and has a second-hand price tag of around €2,600.
- The Tank Solo (Ref. W5200013 3170) is a ladies' watch made of stainless steel. The watch is fitted with a steel bracelet and, with a diameter of 24.4 mm, represents one of the smaller models in the series. You can buy this Tank Solo second-hand from €2,000.
- The Cartier Tank Solo (Ref. W5200026) belongs to the current collection and is made of red gold. Its case diameter measures a proud 31 x 40.85 mm and it is fitted with a leather strap.
Other exciting Cartier series
- The Cartier Ballon Bleu owes its name to its round case, as well as the blue cabochon, which adorns the crown. The slightly different wristwatch that convinces with its unique elegance just like its siblings.
- The Cartier Santos was Cartier's gift to the Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos Dumont and, with its eye-catching screws and rounded corners, has since become a classic in the Cartier collection.
- The Cartier Panthère has been captivating women with their legendary design since 1980 – as a watch and as jewellery.
- The Cartier Pasha was made in 1932 on the request of the Sultan of Marrakech, who wanted a watch with which he could bathe. That's how Cartier's first watertight watch was made and was added to the range in 1943. Over the years it has experienced many exciting updates, but the round bezel remains the same.
- The Tank Française is also an interesting member of the Tank family, featuring a geometrically designed dial and a flat case.