Buy affordable Casablanca models from Franck Muller
If you decide to buy a pre-owned Franck Muller Casablanca
, it is highly probable that you are buying a unique watch for your collection. Because of its inimitable design and the well-matched craftsmanship the Casablanca
is without question an impressive eye-catcher
Pre-owned Franck Muller Casablanca watches and prices
- The rust red numbers of the Franck Muller Casablanca (Ref. 6850) shine like a setting sun. With this warm glow, it’s easy to see why this spin-off of the Casablanca series is nicknamed Sahara. Another highlight is the five link bracelet with folding clasp. Including the original box, this secondhand Casablanca costs €3,660.
- The Casablanca (Ref. 5850) is one of the first models from the series. With its discreet 32 mm size and a black and silver colour scheme, this model epitomises a classic dress watch with a touch of extravagance. You can buy this Casablanca model for just €3,070.
- The Ref. 1750 from the Casablanca series has a 34 mm diameter and convinces with its subtle appearance. Thanks to its manual winding function and a small seconds dial at 6 o'clock, this Casablanca has a lovely vintage charm. Available in very good condition, this model costs €2,830 including its original box and papers.
- With this elegant Casablanca (Ref. 5850), the luxury Swiss watchmakers combine its typical tonneau-shaped case with a classic dial in antique white. The 31 mm diameter case and the fine leather strap make this watch for € 3,570 the perfect companion for everyday use or an elegant dress watch for the evening hours.
Design and technology of Casablanca watches
The design of the Casablanca
The first thing you notice when you look at the Franck Muller Casablanca
is the shape of the case
and the design of the dial
. These two features can only typically be found in Franck Muller watch models. The Cintrée Curvex is a refinement of the classic tonneau shape. The curves merge on the flanks of the case, but also on the surface of the body as well. The flowing silhouette of the tonneau-shaped case is thus given an additional three-dimensional character
. Almost like a drop of water it is so perfect and well-formed – the advantage here is that the Franck Muller Casablanca captures this perfect moment and lets you admire it for as long as you wear it. The numerals don’t bother trying to hide their Art Nouveau roots, but confidently fulfil their role as the main feature of the dial. This is also clear from the generous use of luminescent material
on the numbers and hands, which give the watch excellent readability
. The company's top-notch creative ability also comes into play, as it designs Casablanca watches
in an eye-catching way, but without making them feel cluttered. In addition, certain more recent models feature a subtle totaliser at 6 o'clock.
A look inside
Franck Muller has achieved world fame through the conception and execution of one of the most complicated watches of all time. However, since the Casablanca series by Franck Muller
is intended for everyday use, it has been equipped with an extremely powerful movement. The ETA 2824-2
impresses with its robust and flat design. The movements of the other Casablanca models
also come from the same family of movements. In addition, the manufacturer refines these ETA movements with a platinum rotor
. During the 2000s, Franck Muller began to create his own automatic movements. In the context of this work, the company collaborated with the emerging manufacturer Indtec from Sion and the FM 0800SC calibre
was born. The declared objective of CEO Vartan Sirmakes was to be independent of external suppliers by 2008 through a high level of in-house manufacturing depth and to make the investment in Franck Muller watch models profitable thanks to a broad product range.
Other series from Franck Muller
- The Long Island series transports its wearers to the Roaring Twenties in New England. The rectangular case and the playful dimensions of the numbers combine youthful energy with classic elegance.
- The Conquistador is the perfect watch for cosmopolitans who want to make a powerful statement. It takes the shape of the Cintrée Curvex but has a compact appearance due to its tiered case parts.
- Inspired by the Art Deco design concept, Franck Muller combines an angular appearance with a concentric dial design for the Master Square models. Another outstanding feature are the Roman numerals, which take on an entirely new elongated look due to their scaling.
- The Vanguard Series offers watches for bona fide sportsmen. The robust, newly designed case houses and protects both the bezel and the dial of this avant-garde sports watch. The integrated bracelet makes the watch look like a unified, inseparable piece of jewellery.
- The Franck Muller Mariner is the perfect timepiece for those who appreciate something a little out of the ordinary. For this style Muller combines tried and tested shapes with fresh colours and detailing. With bold combinations on offer, this series does what others have avoided to date: to dare to look to the future.