Buy affordable Girard Perregaux 1966 watches online
When you have found the perfect Girard Perregaux 1966
for you, add your chosen model to your shopping basket and complete your order using one of the many payment options
such as PayPal, credit card the order or instant bank transfer. Once your payment has been processed, your new watch will be prepped for shipping and will be on its way to you in no time.
Secure financing for your Girard Perregaux 1966
So you don’t want to immediately pay the full amount for your Girard Perregaux 1966 watch
? No problem! With the “Financing” payment option
at Watchmaster, you have the option of paying for your Girard Perregaux watch by monthly instalments via one of our partner banks.
Technical and visual characteristics of the 1966
When Girard Perregaux presented the first watch with a high-frequency movement
in 1966, it was already beating at an incredible frequency of 36,000 bph. The result was a very precise wristwatch, which paved the way for the Girard Perregaux 1966 series
. The 1966 combines harmonious aesthetics with a classic, reliable design. The round stainless steel cases come in rose gold or stainless steel with a black PVD coating and a diameter of 30 mm to 44 mm
and are attached to either an alligator leather strap or a fine steel bracelet.
Despite various complications
such as moon phase, full calendar, hand-indicated date, second time zone, day-night display or small seconds, the dial of the Girard Perregaux 1966 is always uncluttered and is easy to read thanks to the use of line indices on most models. The readability is also helped by the dial colours used, which in light bronze, white, silver, mother-of-pearl or dark blue provide a high contrast to the numerals. Since 2016, which marked the 50th anniversary of Girard Perregaux in 1966
, the first ever “authentic classic watch in a large size” has been available with a 44 mm case
. With this move, Girard Perregaux initiated a global trend that turned large classic watches
into highly sought-after timepieces.
Overview of Girard Perregaux 1966 models
- The 1966 (Ref. 49544-11-132-BB60) features a second time zone with 24-hour display and a small hand-indicated date display at 6 o'clock. The central second time zone display and date can be set using two pushers on either side of the crown, which makes this model look like a classic chronograph at first glance. The hour hand for the second time zone is particularly eye-catching, as its red colour has a distinctive contrast against the silver dial. This truly high quality timepiece with excellent readability is available for a price of €6,250.
- The 1966 (Ref. 49551-11-132-BB60) is one of the larger models in the series. Measuring in at 44 mm, this watch with white dial, silver stainless steel case, silver hands and bar indices is easy to read. This 1966 model also has a date display at the classic 3 o'clock position.
- With its classic design and numerous complications, the 1966 (Ref. 49535-11-131-BB60) convinces across the board. The complications are a hand-indicated date with integrated moon phase display and two windows at 12 o'clock with windows for the month and weekday. The overall appearance of this watch is rounded off by a stainless steel case with a white dial and black leather pin buckle strap.
- The Girard Perregaux 1966 Ref. 49525D52A1A1-52A, however, is slightly more glamorous. This is thanks to the 38 mm rose gold case, the rose gold “Rice” bracelet, the diamond-set bezel and the diamond indices. A distinctive timepiece that will certainly make every wrist shine.
- The 1966 (Ref. 49524D52A751-CK6A) is also a very feminine model. The rose gold case of this model houses a mother-of-pearl dial with moon phase and diamond indices, while a black leather strap attaches it to the wrist. The diamonds also adorn the bezel of this fine watch, giving this model a feeling of sophistication and elegance.
The 1966 in the spotlight
If you choose a Girard Perregaux timepiece
, you don’t just prove you have excellent taste, you are also in the best company. Director and Oscar-winner Quentin Tarantino and former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, for example, like to wear the Girard Perregaux 1966 Annual Calendar
Other series from Girard Perregaux
- The Vintage 1945 is a classic timepiece with a rectangular case on a leather strap. The complications range from moon phase display to small seconds sub-dials and chronograph functions, making this watch the ideal companion for sports and everyday life.
- The tonneau-shaped case of the Richeville will fascinate you again and again when you look at the time. Available as either a chronograph, a classic three-hand model or with a small seconds dial and a power reserve indicator, this timepiece demonstrates the know-how of the watchmakers at Girard Perregaux in every detail, easily earning it a place in our hearts.
- Making use of the name and the “Cavallo” logo of one of the most famous sports car manufacturers of all time, the Ferrari is a sporty chronograph on a leather strap. The harmonious shape fits elegantly on the wrist and looks great behind the wheel of a 12-cylinder Ferrari or anywhere for that matter.
- The Sea Hawk is indeed even sportier and masculine. Hands and indices with excellent readability, a robust case and rubber straps make this timepiece an excellent companion for adventures of all kinds.
- If this isn’t sporty enough for you yet, you might want to check out the Sea Hawk II Pro. With a stainless steel case and bracelet, this timepiece defies adverse conditions and won’t ever let you down. With power reserve and date display, the Sea Hawk II Pro is always a reliable companion.