Buy IWC Portuguese watch – new, vintage and used with certificate
How to finance IWC Portuguese Chronographs easily and fast
In our Watchmaster online shop you will find a variety of vintage, new or certified used watches of IWC Portuguese
family. As soon as you have decided on your favourite timepiece, we will gladly inform you about the next steps. Buying from Watchmaster allows you to buy an IWC Portuguese watch at discounted prices
and still with high quality. Simply pay by credit card, PayPal or settle your payment in small instalments. Especially with larger investments, flexible financing can be worthwhile. If you have further questions, please feel free to visit our website or contact our customer service.IWC PORTUGUESE CHRONOGRAPH IW371401
Discover more about the IWC Portuguese Chronograph
The IWC Portuguese Chronograph
is the most sought-after model of the house's famous Portuguese series
. The automatic watch impresses not only with harmonious, luxurious design, but also through high-quality materials and the practical chronograph function. Basically, the series is considered a large-format series with particularly striking watches.
With a 40.9 mm case diameter, it is rather a technically moderate wristwatch, which can therefore be well worn on slimmer wrists. The dial is very harmonious: two slightly recessed totalizers, perfectly proportioned lancet-hands for hour and minutes, applied Arabic numerals and the circumferential precision scale give the Portuguese Chronograph an elegant and noble look.
The Chronograph is available in stainless steel and 18ct red gold. The black leather strap in crocodile design makes the watch look very elegant and ensures a comfortable fit. In the dial and hand colour, the Portuguese fan can choose between different variants.
Models of the IWC Portuguese Chronograph at a glance
The Portuguese Chronograph
has become a star of the Portuguese family since its presentation in 1998, so IWC fans can now choose between a wide range of models thanks to new editions. Following a selection:
- The IWC Portuguese Chronograph IW371445 is a second-hand stainless steel model with a case size of 41 mm. The silver dial is decorated with golden Arabic numerals and hands.
- The Portuguese Chronograph IW371404 is a completely stainless steel model with a case size of 41 mm. The black dial bears silver Arabic numerals. Hands and the two white sub-dials stand out visually.
- The reference IW390403 is a pre-owned stainless steel model in with a case size of 42mm. The inside of the black leather strap is orange. The silver dial with silver hands and numerals is eye-catching. In addition, the watch carries a date display at three o'clock.
- The Portuguese Chronograph IW371417 is a model made of stainless steel with 41mm. The dial is white with blue Arabic numerals and hands.
IWC PORTUGUESE CHRONOGRAPH IW371438
The history of the IWC Portuguese Chronograph
The watch brand IWC Schaffhausen can look back on nearly 150 years of successful history. The traditional house stands for quality and elegance and offers watch enthusiast worldwide a wide range of timepieces. In the repertoire of the brand, you will find practical everyday watches, functional sports watches and luxurious, complex Haute Horlogerie creations.
The Portuguese family
is one of the classics among the IWC watches. When in the 1930s, the two Portuguese merchants Rodriguez and Teixeira visited the watch manufacturer and asked for a particularly large and accurate wristwatch, IWC took this opportunity to build the first Portuguese watch
. Based on a pocket watch movement, IWC developed a large-format watch that became the starting point of the series that is still famous today. After this original Portuguese, a new watch was launched in 1993 as part of a limited special series. Since then, various editions followed, reinterpreting the classic over and over again, always working together to be elegant and at the same time distinctive.
The Chronograph version
came on the market in 1998 and quickly became a favourite among Portuguese fans. The Chronograph was the first Portuguese with which you could not only read the time but also stop it.
IWC PORTUGUESE CHRONOGRAPH IW371446
Other exciting IWC series
- The IWC Pilot's Chronograph is a pilot's watch with a practical chronograph function. It has been in constant development since 1994 and enjoys great popularity.
- The IWC Big Pilot's watch is a classic pilot's watch with its large winding crown that offers a great and easy grip. It is completely made after its historic predecessors: luminous hands, numerals and the iconic marking triangle at 12 o'clock which were typical of the first pilot's watches.
- The Da Vinci pays homage to the ingenuity artist of the century. IWC established elements of his work in watch design. Above all, the round shapes are considered iconic.
- The IWC Aquatimer is the diver's watch of the house: green and blue luminescent layers allow good readability even in the depths of the sea. A practical extra is also the IWC quick-change system, with which stainless steel and rubber strap can easily be exchanged.
- The IWC Porsche Design is the product of the unique cooperation of the watch house with the car manufacturer. It stands for what is common to both: technical innovation and elegant design.