IWC Portugieser Chronograph watches – new, vintage and used with certificate
The IWC Portugieser Chronograph
The IWC Portugieser Chronograph is the most sought-after model of the house's famous Portugieser series. The automatic watch impresses not only with a harmonious, luxurious design, but also through high-quality materials and the practical chronograph function.
Basically, the series is considered a large-format series with particularly striking watches. This also the Portugieser Chronograph can't deny. It is with it´s 40.9 mm case diameter rather a technically moderate wristwatch, which can therefore be well worn on slimmer wrists. The dial is very harmonious: two slightly recessed totalizers, perfectly proportioned lancet-hands for hour and minutes, applied arabic numerals and the circumferential precision scale give the Portugieser Chronograph an elegant and noble look.
The Chronograph is available in stainless steel and 18ct red gold. The black leather strap in crocodile design makes the watch look very elegant and ensures a comfortable fit. In the dial and hand color, the Portugieser fan can choose between different variants.
The history of the IWC Portugieser Chronograph
The watch brand IWC Schaffhausen can look back on nearly 150 years of successful history. The traditional house stands for quality and elegance and offers watch enthusiast worldwide a wide range of timepieces. In the repertoire of the brand you will find practical everyday watches, functional sports watches and luxurious, complex "haute horlogerie" creations.
The Portugieser family is one of the classics among the IWC watches. When in the 1930s, the two Portuguese merchants Rodriguez and Teixeira visited the watch manufacturer and asked for a particular large and accurate wristwatch, IWC took this opportunity to build the first Portugieser. Based on a pocket watch movement, IWC developed a large-format watch that became the starting point of the series that is still famous today. After this original Portugieser, a new watch was launched in 1993 as part of a limited special series. Since then, various editions followed, reinterpreting the classic over and over again, always working together to be elegant and at the same time distinctive.
The Chronograph variant came on the market in 1998 and quickly became a favorite with Portugieser fans. The Chronograph was the first Portugieser with which could you not only could read the time, but also stop it.
Famous wearers of the IWC Portugieser Chronograph
The watch brand is very popular in prominent ranks. Concluded one could say - not only a few well-known brand ambassadors are bringing IWC´s message into the world: supermodels like Karolina Kurkova and Adriana Lima can be seen with IWC watches, as well as sports legends like Nico Rosberg, Jan Frodeno and Lewis Hamilton. Even actors like Naomi Harris and Taylor Schilling are among the avowed IWC fans. Recently, IWC has received yet another prominent face in its ranks: film star Bradley Cooper has been a brand ambassador since January 2018 and presents himself with various models of the luxury brand.
Not only privately, the stars show up with IWC watches. Also in films, the luxury watch can be seen again and again: Ryan Gosling, for example, wears in the thriller "Fracture" with Anthony Hopkins a Portugieser Chrono with golden numerals and black strap. Also Harrison Ford fights in "Firewall" with an IWC Mark XV on the wrist.
Models of the IWC Portugieser Chronograph at a glance
The Portugieser Chronograph has become a star of the Portugieser family since its presentation in 1998, so IWC fans can now choose between a wide range of models thanks to new editions. Following a selection:
- The IW371445 is a stainless steel model with a case size of 41 mm. The silver dial is decorated with golden Arabic numerals and hands.
- The Portugieser Chronograph IW371404 is a completely stainless steel model with a case size of 41 mm. The black dial bears silver Arabic numerals. Hands and the two white sub-dials stand out visually.
- The IW390403 is a stainless steel model with a case size of 42mm. The inside of the black leather strap is orange. The silver dial with silver hands and numerals is eye catching. In addition, the watch carries a date display at three o'clock.
- The IW371417 is a model made of stainless steel with 41mm. The dial is white with blue Arabic numerals and hands.
More exciting Series of IWC
- The IWC Pilot’s Watch Chronograph is a pilot's watch with a practical chronograph function. It has been in constant development since 1994 and enjoys great popularity.
- The IWC Big Pilot's Watch is a classic pilot's watch with its large winding crown that offers great and easy grip. It is completely made after its historic predecessors: luminous hands, numerals and the iconic marking triangle at 12 o'clock which were typical of the first pilot's watches.
- The Da Vinci pays homage to the ingenuity artist of the century. IWC established elements of his work in watch design. Above all, the round shapes are considered iconic.
- The IWC Aquatimer is the diver's watch of the house: green and blue luminescent layers allow good readability even in the depths of the sea. A practical extra is also the IWC quick-change system, with which stainless steel and rubber strap can easily be exchanged.
- The IWC Porsche Design is the product of the unique cooperation of the watch house with the car manufacturer. It stands for what is common to both: technical innovation and elegant design.
IWC Portugieser Chronograph watches finance - easy & fast
In our Watchmaster online shop you will find a variety of used, certified luxury watches, including exciting series of IWC and various models of the Portugieser family. As soon as you have decided on your favorite timepiece, we will gladly inform you about the next steps. Buying from watchmaster.com allows you to buy an IWC Portugieser for comparably cheap and still with high quality. Simply pay by credit card, PayPal or settle your payment in small installments. Especially with larger investments, a flexible financing can be worthwhile. If you have further questions, please feel free to visit our website or contact our customer service.