Discover more about Omega Seamaster Diver 300 M Chronograph watches
Buy Omega Seamaster Diver 300 M Chronograph watches new, certified pre-owned or vintage
The Seamaster 300 M has been on the market since 1957 and has since been reworked for different collections over and over again. So that today it is available in various designs. What they all have in common is the water resistance of up to 30 bar, the stainless steel housing and their sporty, diver watch-typical design. It is available in different colors and with different bracelets. The Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronograph remains faithful to the iconic design of the Omega diver watches and is also equipped with a handy chronograph function.
In the current collection we find the popular chronograph with blue or black dial and case sizes of 41.5 and for the Seamaster 300 M GMT Chronograph 44 mm. From older collections certified, used luxury watches in smaller sizes are available. The current models are completely made of stainless steel and have white hour and minute hands as well as a red second hand, or a yellow on the Seamaster 300 M GMT Chronograph. They carry a totalizer with 30-minute display at 3 o'clock and one with 12-hour display at 6 o'clock, which are both equipped with red and yellow hands. The new models also all come with Co-Axial caliber 3330, so the watch is particularly low in maintenance due to the reduced friction between the anchor wheels. So the Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronograph is not only a sporty and elegant accessory, but also a highly functional diver's watch!
The history of Omega divers watches
Omega stands for tradition and quality: In addition to Rolex, it is considered the leading Swiss luxury watch brand. The companies myth is mainly based on the close connection to space travel, but also in the field of diving watches, it can assert itself with success since the 1930s. In 1932, the Omega Marine launched as a watertight model. Omega just started with the Seamaster family. The first watch in this series is still called Omega Seamaster, came on the market in 1948. Compared to other divers watches it was considered rather slim and noble. The bolted bottom and the special O-ring seal guaranteed the waterproofness.
Quickly followed the still famous Seamaster 300. It was considered a revolution of the Omega divers watches: It is equipped with a rotating bezel, double crown seal and special glass, it mastered easily the highest testable pressure of 20 bar at that time. Since then, Omega has developed a multitude of interesting Seamaster designs that remained faithful to the design of the classic and its commitment to state-of-the-art functionality. Today, especially the Co-Axial models, but also those with GMT and chronograph function are known.
Interesting models of the Omega Seamaster 300 M chronograph at a glance
- The Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronograph 176.007 is a retro model with silver dial, stick indexes and leather strap. The stainless steel case has a diameter of 38mm.
- The Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronograph 22.214.171.124.01.001 is a stainless steel model with a 44 mm case size. The dial is black and the watch is equipped with a GMT function.
- The Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronograph 126.96.36.199.03.001 is a stainless steel model with a blue dial and yellow GTM hand. The case size is 44 mm.
- The Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronograph 188.8.131.52.03.001 with 41.5 mm case size is a smaller model, also made from stainless steel. The dial is blue.
Omega Seamaster and James Bond
To whom would the sporty, high-quality Omega Seamaster fit better than the world famous secret agent James Bond? With "Goldeneye" in 1995, the Seamaster celebrated, thanks to the well-known costume designer Lindy Hemming, who then opted for the model with blue dial, her movie debut. Pierce Brosnan wore the model 2541.80.00.
Their next appearance was 2006 with the Seamaster in "Casino Royale" - and with two models. The Seamaster Diver 300 M Co-Axial (Ref. 2220.80.00) and the Planet Ocean 600 M Co-Axial (Ref. 2900.50.91) shined on Daniel Craig's wrist. The Omega Bond era continued in 2008 in "A Quantum of Solace" with the Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M OMEGA Co-Axial with black dial and black bezel. Also in "Skyfall" from 2012, the action hero fights with two different Omega Seamaster models on the wrists: the Ocean 600 M and the Aqua Terra, both of which are equipped with an OMEGA Co-Axial caliber.
Finally, the Omega Seamaster reappears in the most recent Bond movie "Specter" from 2015. In this case, the watch and film are even related by name: Daniel Craig wears the OMEGA Seamaster 300 SPECTER Limited Edition with a black and gray NATO strap. The design of this watch is a tribute to the first Seamaster 300M from the year 1957. But also the OMEGA Aqua Terra 150m with blue dial can be seen here on 007.
More exciting omega series
- The Omega Constellation is characterized by noble materials and a particularly elegant design. The Swiss luxury brand offers them in a wide variety of styles, from stainless steel to platinum.
- The Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch is part of a legend: On the wrist of Buzz Aldrin, it took part in the first moon landing. Even today, the official NASA watch is considered by its iconic design as an absolute classic among the Omega watches.
- Launched in 1999, the Omega De Ville was the first wristwatch using the revolutionary Co-Axial escapement. Its very simple design makes it look very elegant. It is available as a ladies' and men's watch.
- The Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150 M is a certified Master Chronometer with excellent accuracy. Sporty design and elegance are characteristic of both women's and men's models.