Buy Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size watches online
Omega has released a variety of interesting diving watches over the years. Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size is a special model of Seamaster Planet Ocean series, which owes its name to the case diameter of 45.5 mm. However, the Diver's watch does not differ in its functionality from other Seamaster Planet Ocean watches: It can withstand up to 60 bar, and it is also equipped with the new Co-Axial movement.
Diver’s watches made by Omega
Even though the Omega Speedmaster found it´s way into the history books as the first watch on the moon, Omega's divers watches are in no way inferior to the "Speedy". Behind the generic term Seamaster a variety of very different watches are hiding. It looks back on a long history of development. The first Omega Seamaster was launched in 1948. This makes them the oldest Omega series still sold today and is now available in many different variations. At the same time as the 1948 Olympic Games in London, Omega became 100 years old. To celebrate its 20th anniversary, the company released the Omega Seamaster, a water-resistant watch with a screwed-in bottom and a special O-ring seal. It had a rather dress-watch character thanks to its slim case and elegant appearance.
Inspired by their waterproofness, Omega developed a triumvirate of Tool watches designed for professional use in 1957: Omega Railmaster, Speedmaster and Seamaster 300. The last two are still key components of the Omega collection today. The Seamaster 300 was, contrary to what its name suggests, initially “only” waterproof up to 200 m diving depth. Later produced pieces actually reached the 300 m. One of its most important components was the Naiad crown, which was specially developed at the time and attached to a special spring which ensured that the crown of the Seamaster closed itself more and more tightly as the diver dived deeper as the pressure increased.
Today the Aqua Terra belongs to the Seamaster family. Seamaster Planet Ocean was introduced in 2005 . It is able to withstand pressures of up to 60 bar. An integrated helium valve prevents the glass of the watch from shattering when the diver emerged with the watch on the wrist. It was produced in three different sizes: 38 mm, 42 mm and 45.5 mm diameter. The latter version is nicknamed "Big Size" because of its slightly oversized dimensions. The diving watches are available with different colored dials and different bracelet variations. In 2011, the series was redesigned: In addition to the transparent caseback and the ceramic bezel, the interior of Seamaster Planet Ocean was redesigned. The 8500 caliber replaced the previous 2500. The co-axial escapement was significantly increased by 13%.
The last, and perhaps most revolutionary, change took place in 2016, when the co-axial caliber was introduced alongside some minor changes in optics.
Features of Seamaster Planet Ocean
In addition to optical features such as different case sizes (as described above: 38mm, 42mm and 45.5mm), the key differences within the series are their operation. The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size watches are exclusively available with a case diameter of 45.5 mm. The diver's watch is available with or without a chronograph complication and is equipped with different calibers depending on the version. The wristwatch from 2005 without chronograph function is equipped with an Omega caliber 2500, which has a co-axial escapement. Their successors in 2011 then received the caliber 8500, watches after 2016 the legendary Co-Axial caliber of Omega. All models of Seamaster Planet Ocean have luminescent hands and indices on the dial for better readability and are equipped with a unidirectional rotating bezel. At the 10 o'clock position is the helium valve, which guarantees that helium atoms, which are trapped inside the case, can escape again on resurfacing. This ensures that the glass does not break or pops out of the case.
The Omega Planet Ocean Big Size and James Bond
The most well-known wearer of the Seamaster is the secret agent James Bond. The collaboration between Omega and 007 has been around for decades; Seamaster Planet Ocean itself was first used in 2006. Bond wears a Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M Big Size (Ref. 2900.50.91) watch. And in a Quantum of Solace (2008) he wears Seamaster Planet Ocean, no big size, but a reference 2201.50 with a case diameter of 42 mm. 2012 in Skyfall, his “Majesty's agent” wears Seamaster Planet Ocean 600M Omega Co-Axial 42mm (ref. 18.104.22.168.01.001
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size Prices and interesting models
- The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size 2200.50.00 is made of stainless steel, equipped with the automatic caliber 8500 and the typical helium escape valve at 10 o'clock. In very good, used condition, it is already available in our online shop from 2,620 €.
- The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size 2908.50.82 is visually distinguished by its orange bezel. The dial is black, in addition to the striking luminescent bar indices are Roman numerals in orange at 6, 9 and 12 clock, at 3 clock is a small date window. It is available, in very good condition, from 2010 in used condition from 3.920 €.
- The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size 22.214.171.124.03.001 is a co-axial Master Chronometer with GMT display on the unidirectional rotating bezel. It is held in the complementary colors blue and orange - provided with a rubber strap with a woven-like surface.
- The Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size 2200.51.00 is also a chronometer with a water resistance of up to 60 bar. Its case and bracelet are made of stainless steel, inside the watch ticks the popular caliber Omega 2500. It has a 48 hours power reserve, co-axial escapement and rhodium-plated finish. The 2014 model is available in used, but in good condition from just € 3,300.
More exciting series from Omega
- The Omega Constellation is a particularly elegant series of the Swiss luxury company. In addition to traditional materials such as stainless steel, it also has luxurious components made out of platinum, mother of pearl and diamonds.
- The Speedmaster Moonwatch wrote history on the wrist of Buzz Aldrin. He wore it on the first manned moon landing. Even today it is the official wristwatch of NASA with a high recognition value.
- Launched in 1999, the Omega De Ville was the first series to be equipped with the revolutionary Co-Axial escapement. It is simple, elegant and available for men and women.
- The Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150 M is also a diver's watch. As a certified master chronometer, it has excellent accuracy, sporty design and high functionality.
Finance an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size
The Watchmaster online shop offers a large selection of used, certified luxury watches, including models of Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size at comparably low prices. If you've already found your favorite model and want to buy a Planet Ocean Big Size, you have several options. Either choose to buy it via credit card, PayPal or plan your investment in the long term by financing it. The payment in small installments over a period of your choice can be adapted to your own needs. Further information can be found on our website. Our customer service team is also happy to advise you on models and ways to buy and finance your Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size.