Buy Omega Speedmaster Racing Chronographs online
The watches in the Omega Speedmaster Racing
collection are purely sporty timepieces
that pay homage to their original application. As a chronograph for motorsports, the Speedmaster is one of the watch industry's icons that can be mentioned in the same breath as big names like the legendary Daytona and the impressive Carrera. While the moon landing in 1969 changed the focus of this collection, there was always at least one model available for its original purpose – motorsports
. Find out more about the fascinating Speedmaster Racing, which was the choice model of Formula 1 driver and world champion Michael Schumacher!
Get affordable financing today
Have the Speedmaster Racing watches
caught your eye? Then, be sure to act quickly and order today, because every watch in our store is one of a kind.
It's also good to know that you can return a watch within 14 days of receipt if, contrary to all expectations, you don't like it. That means there's no risk for you when pruchasing a used Omega Speedmaster Racing
. Another advantage of buying from Watchmaster is the option of convenient financing plans
. Pay for your timepiece easily in monthly instalments and enjoy a fine watch right away.
A chronograph for fans of motorsports
The Speedmaster Racing
is another "Speedy" through and through upon first glance and comes available in steel or gold and on a steel, leather or rubber bracelet. Featuring two totalizers at 3 and 9 o'clock as well as optionally with an additional totalizer at 6 o'clock, a date window at 6 o'clock and automatic calibre, the Speedmaster Racing is a true all-rounder
. While the tachymeter scale on the predominantly black bezel allows any average speed to be calculated, it further emphasizes the motorsports character of the watch. With a case diameter of 40 mm
on older Speedmaster Racing models to the sporty 44.25 mm
on the current version, these watches sit quite presently on the wrist, but generally blend in unobtrusively with the overall appearance of the wearer.
A second glance at Omega's Racing Chronograph
is equally impressive. While older models relied on refined ETA calibres, the latest model is equipped with Omega's in-house Co-axial Master Chronometer Calibre 9900
, a true masterpiece of fine watchmaking. Additionally, this model protects its accurate chronograph calibre from magnetic fields of up to 15,000 gauss by means of a soft iron cage. Depending on the model, it might also be possible to observe the goings-on of this movement through a sapphire crystal case back. With a water resistance of 50 to 100 metres
, the Speedmaster Racing is, in fact, more suitable for everyday use than the famous Moonwatch
Prices for Omega Speedmaster Racing watches
Let's take a look at a few pre-owned models of Speedmaster Racing watches
and their prices
. Here is a comparison of details and features to help you get an overview of the product range of these models.
- The Speedmaster Racing Chronograph (Ref. 322.214.171.124.01.001) comes with a 40 mm stainless steel case on a metal bracelet and showcases a black dial with a matching bezel. Equipped with three totalizers and a date window at 6 o'clock, this chronograph allows its wearer to measure speeds using the tachymeter scale on the bezel. Models in very good condition from this reference are water-resistant up to 100 metres and ask for a used price of about €2,300.
- The Speedmaster Racing (Ref. 3126.96.36.199.03.001) is also a sporty chronometer with an automatic movement and a water resistance of 100 metres. A 40 mm stainless steel case features a blue dial with black contrasting totalizers and a black bezel. Rounding out this watch's look is a sporty stainless steel bracelet. Models from 2014 can be found for sale in very good condition for prices around €2,500.
- The Ref. 3188.8.131.52.06.001 is much sportier with yellow highlights and a black and grey dial. The black rubber watchband also features yellow accents, just like the "Speedmaster" lettering which is set off in yellow. For well-maintained models, plan on budgeting about €2,250 for this thoroughly sporty wristwatch featuring the precise automatic calibre 3330.
- The Speedmaster Racing Co-Axial (Ref. 3184.108.40.206.04.001) equipped with a white dial is one of the most recent models and features a checkered pattern on its rim, a black bezel and a 44.25 mm stainless steel case. Driven by the Master Chronometer Calibre 9900, this model boasts two totalizers at 3 and 9 o'clock and a date window at 6 o'clock. Chronograph models produced in 2018 can be purchased pre-owned for sale at around €5,200 classified in mint condition and as a complete set.
- The reference 3220.127.116.11.01.001 measures 40 mm in diameter and has a black dial, black bezel and black rubber strap, completely omitting garish colours. Plan on an asking price of about €2,300 for a Speedmaster Racing from this reference used.
- Featuring an all-silver dial and a black bezel, this pre-owned Speedmaster Racing (Ref. 318.104.22.168.02.001) is a genuine head-turner. With a 40 mm diameter case that is made entirely of steel, this model costs at least €2,500. But in return, you get a sporty and reliable wristwatch that can be worn every day.
- Get the best of both worlds. The Ref. 322.214.171.124.06.001 delivers a watch with a dial boasting yellow colour highlights and a stainless steel bracelet instead of the rubber watch strap. This sporty, elegant all-rounder includes three black totalizers as well as a date window on a grey dial and fits to the active lifestyle of its wearer perfectly thanks to the 100-meter water resistance in the Speedmaster Racing Collection, which is atypical for a Speedmaster. Enjoy this wristwatch for only €2,500!
In the shadows of the Moonwatch
When Omega introduced a chronograph wristwatch to the market in 1957, no one was thinking of a future expedition into space. In fact, this wristwatch's development aimed at a movement that had become particularly popular among young, well-to-do men: car racing. When the Speedmaster, whose release cemented the Omega brand's triumvirate and followed the Seamaster's template in name, was unveiled, drivers such as Roger Penske were piloting their Corvette up Bellefontaine Hill and racing against other amateur racing enthusiasts in both private and official races.
While initially designed for this market and later for professional motorsports
, the Speedmaster Racing has been constantly overshadowed by its more prominent counterpart since 1969 – even if it appears to be more suitable for everyday use
than the Moonwatch. Its robust case, automatic movement, and date window has had trouble competing with the Moonwatch's captivating aura. Nevertheless, Omega hasn't forgotten the Speedmaster's origins and has always offered a model dedicated to motorsports
in their product catalogue alongside the conventional Speedy.
The brand ambassador: Michael Schumacher
In 1996, a year after Michael Schumacher
signed on as Omega's brand ambassador
, a few Michael Schumacher Speedmaster models were introduced with red, blue or yellow dials and colour-matched watch straps. These models were equipped with the Omega Calibre 1141, a modified ETA 2890-02 automatic movement. While these watches were not part of the Speedmaster Racing series, strictly speaking, but rather the Speedmaster Reduced collection
, they had a design feature
that would later be adopted on the Speedmaster Racing
– the tiled minute track
running around the dial in the same pattern as the start-stop flags
In 2012, several new models with the Calibre 9300
were released and helped the Speedmaster Racing Collection achieve a broader range of models through different colour combinations. In 2017, however, these were replaced by the current Speedmaster Racing version
with a 44.25 mm case diameter
, only two totalizers and the name suffix "Co-axial Master Chronometer"
as a result of the Calibre 9900.
Other collections by Omega
- The Seamaster dives into the endless depths of the oceans. Together with the explorer Victor Vescovo, a prototype from the Seamaster Collection broke Rolex's previous record and reached the deepest point on earth that has ever been reached in the Mariana Trench. Explore sporty models of the Seamaster Diver 300M or the Planet Ocean 600M today!
- Omega's triumvirate is completed by the Railmaster. For anyone who wants to push the limits of physics on the earth's surface, the Railmaster models boast particularly high resistance to magnetic fields of up to 1,000 gauss as well as an understated look that is hard to beat.
- The Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M combines the attractive features of a tool watch with the understated design of an elegant dress watch. With its modest look, the robust, yet elegant Aqua Terra shines both in the waves of the Mediterranean and in a beach café on the promenade.
- Omega offers a sporty wristwatch for everyday use with its Speedmaster Day-Date. This practical automatic chronograph doesn't need to be rewound by hand every day and also features a day and date display.
- The many faces in the Omega De Ville collection offer variety to its wearers. As classic dress watches, the timepieces in this collection are first and foremost charming accessories that deliver functionality.