Buy Rolex GMT-Master II watches new, pre-owned and vintage
How can I finance a GMT-Master II watch online?
If you are looking for a luxury watch from the Rolex GMT-Master II
series, you have many models to choose from: You can buy older GMT-Master 2 models with the reference 16710
as the classic version with a black bezel
, as Rolex "Pepsi"
with a blue-red bezel, or as Rolex "Coke"
with a red-black bezel. However, the newer GMT-Master 2 references also leave a lasting impression on your wrist. In our online shop, we offer new, pre-owned and vintage GMT-Master II watches
, such as the classic Rolex 116710LN
in black or the 116710BLNR
known as "Batman" with a blue-black bezel in excellent condition.
Have you already decided on a specific second-hand GMT-Master II model from our range and are now looking for a suitable financing option
? At Watchmaster, you can easily pay by credit card or through monthly instalments
. There are also various other payment methods to choose from. If you have questions about one of our watches or would like to get information on the payment process, just contact our customer service. We will gladly assist you with finding your favourite watch!
The GMT-Master II: Rolex's pilot's watch
The original target audience of the Rolex GMT-Master were pilots and crew personnel of the airline Pan American Airlines. The airline asked Rolex about a timepiece when intercontinental flights became more and more affordable and a watch that allows its employees to simultaneously survey the time at its departure and destination location.
Today, the Rolex GMT-Master II
is no longer exclusive popular with pilots. Athletes and collectors appreciate the iconic watch as an elegant watch for all situations. The Rolex GMT-Master II has, in addition to a second, minute and hour hand, as its predecessor, the Rolex GMT-Master
, an additional 24-hour hand
, which makes it possible to display two different time zones simultaneously.
Also characteristic is the eye-catching 24-hour bezel
, which is bicoloured on most models.
Rolex GMT-Master II watches and their prices
Due to the huge variety in colour and material combinations used for the GMT series, there is something for everyone. The average purchase price
is between €10,000 and €15,000
. It is therefore worth looking for certified pre-owned GMT-Master II
watches from Watchmaster to make a real bargain.
- If you like classic watches, you should definitely take a look at the GMT-Master II 116710LN which comes with a black bezel. It costs around €10,000 in certified pre-owned condition (2015). The case size is 40 mm and fits a man's hand perfectly. Inside, the Rolex calibre 3186 is ticking.
- If you like it a bit more extraordinary, you should probably take a closer look at the blue-red bezel of the Rolex "Pepsi" and the black-red bezel of the Rolex "Coke", which both belong to the GMT-Master II 16710. Another special reference is the GMT-Master II (Ref. 16760), which also comes with a black-red bezel and is called "Fat Lady". All these watches have an extraordinary recognition value and are both sporty and elegant. In addition, they are certainly one of the most value stable Rolex watches, as they are not only appreciated by watch connoisseurs worldwide.
- If these watches are still too unobtrusive, perhaps the Rolex GMT-Master II 116713LN could be the right watch for you. With its black ceramic bezel and black dial, the timepiece looks timelessly elegant, but with its bright golden numerals and the silver-gold metal bracelet, it immediately catches eyes.
- Especially nice is of course the latest GMT-Master II 126710BLRO with the striking "Pepsi" colouring, which is based on the original GMT-Master and was presented at Baselworld in 2018. This watch is a perfect match of modern elegance and tradition.
- The Rolex 116719BLRO, discontinued in 2019, can be purchased at a price of around €39,000. It comes in white gold with a Pepsi bezel and a rare blue dial. It was replaced by the 126719BLRO. Since the 116719BLRO was produced only for a short period of time, it is a real rarity among the GMT watches from Rolex.
- One of the newer models is the GMT-Master II 116710BLNR, also known as "Batman". It comes with a blue-black bezel, an Oyster bracelet, a water resistance of 100 metres and is available for a purchase price of about €14,000 (2014) in very good condition.
- The latest version of the Rolex Batman is the GMT-Master II 126710BLNR presented at Baselworld 2019. As good as new, this pre-owned 126710BLNR costs €20,590, including its original box and papers.
The history of the Rolex GMT-Master II
was introduced in 1954 for the first time and enjoyed great popularity from the beginning. Pilots could now have an overview of the time of two different time zones
without having to lose precision. Back then, the bezel was coloured in blue and red (also known as "Rolex Pepsi") to symbolize day and night. In 1983, the popular series was then extended by the Rolex GMT-Master II
, which has been produced exclusively since 1999.
With the new series, also a new charismatic colouring in black and red (also known as "Rolex Coke") was introduced.
The biggest difference between the GMT-Master II and its predecessor is the individually adjustable hour hand. Thanks to this innovation, it is now possible for the wearer to have three, rather than just two, time zones in view. The design of the GMT-Master II is very similar to the original design of the GMT-Master until today, giving the watch an unmistakable recognition value. Due to many different colour variations, this classic watch still offers space for individual preferences. Another development is the bezel insert material. The GMT-Master II models have used ceramic instead of aluminium since the introduction of the 116710 LN to improve scratch and colour-fading resistance.
Famous GMT-Master II wearers
The GMT-Master and GMT-Master II are absolute icons of Rolex watches. That's why it's not surprising that you can find this watch on many wrists of well-known people and in film productions. By displaying the different time zones, the watch is especially popular with people who travel a lot or work in different locations. One of the best-known wearers of the GMT-Master is Honor Blackman, known as Pussy Galore – the Bond Girl of the movie "Goldfinger". In the film, she wears the famous Rolex GMT-Master (ref 6542). Orlando Bloom and Pablo Picasso were also photographed with the iconic GMT-Master (Ref. 1675) with the distinctive "Pepsi" colouring. Although Daniel Craig as James Bond usually wears an Omega watch on his arm and has been the official brand ambassador since 2010, he privately enjoys wearing Rolex watches. In his collection is the vintage Rolex Submariner 6538 and the classic GMT-Master also with the blue-red "Pepsi" colouring.
Other interesting Rolex series
- The Rolex Air-King was worn by British fighter pilots during World War II. It has the classic Rolex design and is therefore ideal as a beginner model.
- The Rolex Daytona was named after the car race at the Daytona International Speedway. With the handy Tachymeter, this clock is both unusual and elegant.
- The classic among luxury watches, the Rolex Submariner, is an absolute must for every watch collector and lover. James Bond has already shown that she adapts to every situation in a sporty and elegant manner. Whether in a suit or diving, the Rolex Submariner is always the perfect companion.
- For anyone who wants to stand out in style, the Rolex Milgauss is the right choice. With the orange second hand, the watch is definitely an eye-catcher. It also withstands magnetic fields of up to 1,000 Gauss without losing accuracy.
- The design of the Rolex Datejust is kept simple, so it convinces with restrained-elegant style. Their excellent accuracy and date switching within milliseconds made the Datejust famous.