Buy second hand Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date watches online
And this is how you get to your own Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date
Want to buy a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date
watch and don't know how to do it? The Watchmaster online shop offers you a variety of exciting certified pre-owned luxury watches at comparable prices, including some beautiful Oyster Perpetual Date models for him and her
. Once you've found your favourite model, you can either pay for it simply by PayPal or credit card, or you can finance your desired Oyster Perpetual Date
in small instalments. The option of online financing is especially worthwhile if you are making a large investment and want to see your money in your account over a longer period of time. Used and vintage watches are also worth investing in: Rolex watches in general and special editions and models produced in small quantities, in particular, are very stable in value and can often be resold profitably in good condition. Answers to your questions can be found online, and our customer service team will be at your side throughout the purchase process.
ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE 115234
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date
is considered a classic, unpretentious watch. The sleek, no-frills design is equally popular with men and women. The "Oyster Perpetual Date
" logo affixed to each model guarantees water and dust tightness as well as automatic movement, while at the same time indicating the practical date function
. The Oyster Perpetual Date belongs to the cheaper watches
and is therefore perfect for beginners.
Depending on the installed caliber, the date function works with an instantaneous
or progressive date switch
– the first is a fast-jumping the second a slower "creeping" date change. All modern Rolex calibers have now an instant-jumping date shift – that is exactly at midnight. The date changes within a few milliseconds. Depending on the installed caliber, the Oyster Perpetual Date has also been equipped since 1978 with a quick-changing date. This allows a comfortable setting of the date, without having to adjust the pointers themselves. This feature is particularly useful if the month has less than 31 days and the date must be corrected at the end of the month. Basically, the watches with a four-digit reference do not have an instant date change, five- and six-digit references, have a quick adjustment of the date.
The simple wristwatch, which also resembles its Rolex sibling the Datejust
, is available with a classic three-piece link Oyster bracelet. Older models are sometimes equipped with a leather strap. There is also a choice of materials for the watch itself: There are Rolesor variants in stainless steel with bezels in yellow and white gold, as well as models made entirely of stainless steel or yellow gold. Unlike the Rolex Datejust, the Oyster Perpetual Date has a slightly smaller case of 34 mm
. Also, the dial is a little smaller. In models since 1988 and '89, the caliber 3135 is installed and the watches are equipped with scratch-resistant sapphire crystal.ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE 15200
Models of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date is available in various designs. Since this series belongs to the low-cost watches from Rolex
, it is ideally suited for beginners. Here are some Oyster Perpetual Date models at a glance:
- The Oyster Perpetual Date (Ref. 15000) is completely made of stainless steel and waterproof up to 100m. The white dial is provided with Roman numerals. Used watches are available from a price of €3,000.
- The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date (Ref. 115234) has a stainless steel bracelet and a white gold bezel. The housing is made of stainless steel. Also, this version is waterproof up to 100m. Its dial is black. A pre-owned model costs about €5,400 incl. box and papers.
- The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date (Ref. 15200) is a model made of stainless steel with a white baton dial. You can buy this watch pre-owned for about €4,000.
- The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date (Ref. 15223) comes with a stainless steel and yellow gold case and a leather strap. The dial has stick indexes and is available in both champagne and silver versions. It comes at an unbeatable price of €3,800. Alternatively, you can finance the watch from €61 per month.
The story of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual
The Rolex Oyster
introduced the world's first waterproof watch in 1926. The 1931 patent pending on a permanent automatic winding system was followed two years later by the successful Oyster Perpetual
series, which was equipped with the same automatic movement. Today, the then-revolutionary movement is installed in every automatic watch. The functional wristwatch set another historic milestone only a short time later. On the first flyover of Mount Everest – an expedition that until then was considered impossible – it wrote history on the wrists of the pilots.
Since then, the design of the iconic watch has just changed slightly. The material has been refined over the years, making the watch even more tough and robust. With the Oyster Perpetual Date watch
, Rolex successfully established a version with a handy date display. The Oyster Perpetual Date remained true to the original design but was also subject to some changes
. So it was equipped in the year 1982 with the caliber 3035
and six years later already with the caliber 3135
which is built in until today. Also, the sapphire crystal, which is now the standard for all models, was introduced this year. Since 2007, the Perpetual Date models also have a new, extra-sturdy case and especially massive bracelets.
Rolex: The watch of the superstars
Rolex stands for high functionality and sturdiness, but also for unique design and noble materials. It's no wonder that the most famous Rolex wearer is the fictional action hero James Bond. Several models had to go through daredevil adventures on the wrist of the secret agent and have been on the big screen for decades. In Ian Fleming's "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", the Rolex Oyster Perpetual is even explicitly mentioned as "The Secret Agent's Watch".
But even in real life, Rolex thrilled many stars. A famous Rolex wearer is Paul Newman and Brad Pitt is a self-confessed fan of the luxury brand. Of course, Rolex also convinces the ladies: athletes like Ana Ivanovic and Zheng Jie, but also superstars like Jennifer Aniston and Rihanna wear different models of the Swiss watch house.
ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE 115200
More Rolex series
- A watch for adventurers: the Rolex Explorer. Dedicated to the first ascent of Mount Everest, it radiates extreme functionality and reliability.
- The Rolex Daytona, which owes its name to the famous car race on the Daytona International Speedway, comes with a handy tachymeter bezel. Highly functional and extremely sporty – this is the best way to describe this watch.
- The Rolex Submariner is the watch more associated with secret agent James Bond than any other. Easily it insists on every adventure on the movie screen, always complementing the hero's elegant outfits with flying colours.
- The Rolex Milgauss can withstand magnetic fields up to 1,000 Gauss without any accuracy problems. Iconically is its second hand: an orange bolt.
- With the Cellini series, Rolex has established a classically elegant men's watch collection in the market. Primarily the watches of this line are available in high-quality precious metals such as yellow and white gold.