Discover more about TAG Heuer Formula 1
Buy TAG Heuer Formula 1 watches new, vintage and used
A sporty watch for a fast lifestyle
The TAG Heuer Formula 1 is, as the name suggests, inspired by the world-famous racing series. The current collection of the TAG Heuer Formula 1 is colorful, sporty and has all the features that make life both in the race car and everyday easier. Their design is a reminiscent of the dashboard in the cockpit of a racer; with chronograph function, it is well suited as a timekeeper. The women's collection is a bit more feminine, but remains true to the brand's sporty style.
The history of Formula 1 - a tribute to motorsport
TAG Heuer's connection to motorsport has a long and eventful history. The watch manufacturer has not only been a sponsor of various Formula 1 teams for decades, but also produces the timepieces used for selected teams for many years. In the 1980s, TAG Heuer sponsored Williams and also partnered up with McLaren for the next 30 years. The financing of the Porsche engine during this time was crowned with success: McLaren driver Niki Lauda and Alain Prost drove the engine between 1984 and 1986 three times to the world title. TAG Heuer is now a partner of Red Bull, whose engine will run under the name TAG Heuer in the 2018 season. Above all, TAG Heuer was also official timekeeper of Formula 1 from 1992 to 2003. So it is not surprising that TAG Heuer's intensive connection to racing is represented by a wristwatch collection.
After the merge of TAG (Techniques d'Avant Garde) and Heuer in 1980, the Formula 1 was the first wristwatch that launched. Their design is a reminiscent of Swatch models, which were cheaper. TAG Heuer relied on bright colors and a mix of fiberglass and stainless steel. Sporty design and precision go hand in hand at the Formula 1: The built-in quartz movement guarantees optimum accuracy. The series was manufactured until 2000 and then withdrawn from the market, but made it back, a few years later, with revised design back into the core portfolio of the watch manufacturer.
Key Features of the Formula 1
"Do not crack under pressure" is the current claim of the brand, which of course applies to their watches. The Formula 1 series is robust, durable and functional. Coated with titanium carbide, the case can withstand even extreme conditions. The screw-down crown with Easy-Grip-System allows a quick adjustability, luminescent hands ensure good legibility even in poor lighting conditions. The current collection is equipped with a date window at 3 o'clock. The Formula 1 is created as a sports watch, so it is tailored to a variety of sports. The reference CAZ1014.BA0842, for example, is more geared to the needs of diving. At a maximum diving depth of 200 m, the wristwatch is waterproof and the unidirectional rotating bezel guarantees a good overview of your diving time. Nevertheless, the watch has a chronograph function; the three sub-dials emphasize the sporty look of the watch. In contrast, the bezel of the Ref. WAZ2012.BA0842 for example is provided with a one-sided rotatable 60-minute scale.
The collection is still diverse in terms of colors and materials. Some models come with sporty rubber strap, others keep it more classic with stainless steel bracelet.
Well known bearers and ambassadors
For its campaigns TAG Heuer selects athletes, artists and other strong personalities who like their watches and have to withstand intense pressure. As a sponsor of various Formula 1 teams, it is not surprising to see the TAG Heuer Formula 1 regularly on wrists of world-famous personalities and world stars of the industry. After Lewis Hamilton was Ambassadeur for the brand for a long time, Ayrton Senna is for the Formula 1 one of the faces of the current "Do not crack under pressure" campaign. For this purpose own special edition where made (Ref. CAZ1019.FT8027), which is crowned with the writing "Senna" on the bezel. The strap is a visual reminiscent of the tires of race cars with red highlights. Jenson Button also advertised for TAG Heuer. Ambassador Chris Hemsworth favors the TAG Heuer Formula 1 CAZ2011.FT8024.
Interesting models of Formula 1 at a glance
The current collection of Formula 1 is available in different colors, variations and materials. The case sizes can vary as well. Nevertheless, all watches remain stylistically true to the Formula 1 design and have a great recognition value.
- The TAG Heuer Formula 1 WAZ111A.BA0875 comes with only two sub-dials and carries the date display at 6 o'clock. It is made of stainless steel and has a black dial. The suggested retail price is € 1,250.
- The TAG Heuer Formula 1 WAH1312.BA0867 is a ladies watch equipped with diamonds on the bezel as a very special eye-catcher. Also on the black dial are in addition to the dash indices diamonds attached. Otherwise made of stainless steel and ceramic, it impresses with an excellent appearance with a diameter of 32 mm even on narrow wrists. The RRP is € 2,450.
- The TAG Heuer Formula 1 CAZ2010.BA0876 is a classic men's model made of stainless steel. It also has an additional tachymeter scale on the bezel and has a chronograph function. The dial is black, the sub-dials are colored with white ring. The UBV amounts to 2,500 €.
- The TAG Heuer Formula 1 CAZ2011.FT8024 is made of a mixture of steel and titanium. It comes with black bezel with 3 sub-dials, which stand out in color by a white border. In addition to the chronograph function, it also has a unidirectional rotating bezel with tachymeter display. The suggested retail price is € 2,750.
- The TAG Heuer Formula 1 CAU2011.BA0873 is a men's watch made of ceramic and stainless steel with a tachymeter scale on the bezel. The MSRP for this model is € 3,250.
More interesting series from TAG Heuer
- The TAG Heuer Carrera is also dedicated to motorsport. It gets its name in honor of the dangerous Rallye Carrera Panamericana, its sporty design makes it a classic TAG Heuer watch.
- The TAG Heuer Aquaracer is a water sports model that is waterproof at a depth of 300 m and remains reliable even under extreme conditions.
- The TAG Heuer Monaco became famous in 1970 in "Les Mans" on the wrist of Steve McQueen. It is named after the famous racetrack, known above all for its unusual, square shape.
- The TAG Heuer Link stands out for its distinctive bracelet, designed especially for this series. Visually, it is well suited as a dress watch, because it is elegant and sporty at the same time.