Buy Tudor Heritage Black Bay models new, used and vintage
Tudor Heritage Black Bay – a tribute to the diver's watch
At the Tudor Heritage Black Bay
, we are dealing with a modern and highly functional diver's watch
that, thanks to its moderate price, is also aimed at a young crowd. The sporty design of the Tudor diver watches is based on the famous Rolex Submariner as inspiration. But the brand, which bears the name of the former British royal family, has long since emancipated itself from its sister and won its own fans worldwide.
The retro diver's watch
unites the typical features of its predecessors and reinterprets them in an innovative way. Typical here is the vaulting of sapphire crystal and dial and the winding crown made of stainless steel with the Tudor Rose. Also, the Snowflake hands
and the iconic Swiss Made inscription are not missing at the Black Bay. While the first model in the series came with a 41mm case, burgundy bezel and rose gold hands and indexes, there are now many different styles
available. Even with the bracelet, you have the choice between Oyster steel or leather. In any case, the Tudor-typical, high-quality textile bracelet is included.
The innovative, sporty design is therefore adjustable according to personal preferences. In terms of functionality, however, all models of the series are similar: With a waterproofness up to 200 metres
, automatic movement and hands and indices with luminescent mass, the series is considered a powerful functional watch
. For young – or young at heart – men and women with a fondness for sporty, high quality and functional design, this watch is the optimal alternative to the mainstream.
TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 79250BM
Overview of Heritage Black Bay models
Thanks to the success of the series, we can now choose between a large selection of Black Bay models
. Below are some of them:
- The reference 79230N comes with a bracelet, bezel and housing (41mm) in stainless steel. The black dial is provided with stick indices. The bezel is black as well.
- The case and bezel of the Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79250BM are made of bronze. The dial is brown, with hour indices and at 3, 6 and 9 o'clock with Arabic numerals. The watch has a brown vintage leather strap.
- The Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R is a stainless steel model with a red bezel. The black leather strap has a deployment clasp. The case size is 41 mm and the black dial is provided with stick indexes.
The history of Heritage Black Bay
In 1946 Tudor
was founded as an attractively priced alternative to Rolex by Hans Wilsdorf himself. A Tudor was already available at about two-thirds of the price of a Rolex, but was always just close in design and functionality. Since the emergence of the well-known watch brand, a number of very successful chronographs and diving watches have launched onto the market. Many vintage models, such as the Tudor Submariner, have gained cult status and have risen in value. Finally, the Tudor was able to break away from its big sister: since 1996 direct references to Rolex disappeared from the cases, crowns and bands of the watches.
In 2010, Tudor finally established its Heritage series. With the Heritage Chrono
the brand paid homage to its chronographs and finally, the Black Bay
came in 2012 in honour of Tudors diving watches on the market. The Heritage Black Bay
is by no means the reinterpretation of a particular watch, but it unites the best Tudor diver watches of the 20th century in function and design. It is thanks to the success of the series that today we can decide between a large selection of different Black Bay models.
Famous Black Bay owners
The Black Bay was soon able to win over a number of prominent brand ambassadors. Under the motto "Born to Dare" different stars show themselves with the high-quality watch. David Beckham, for example, knows how to skilfully combine sportiness and style. Successful not only as a footballer, but also as a model and style icon, he combines the attributes that are also his own.
But among prominent women, the Black Bay fans
will find: Lady Gaga, for example, who has always stood for innovative, self-confident art – also with regard to her clothes – she wears the fashionable diver's watch. The strength that radiates the robust watch also embodies the rugby team "All Blacks" who wear the Black Bay Dark
matching their team colours. Whether in sports, pop or fashion world – the Heritage Black Bay
finds by its diversity in every area self-confident, strong supporters.
Other exciting Tudor series
- The Tudor Pelagos is an extremely functional tool watch that is up to 500 metres waterproof with a unique diving clasp. In addition, it is the first titanium watch of the family.
- The Tudor North Flag owes its name to the British North Greenland Expedition, whose members wore Tudor watches on their wrists. The functionality and reliability of their watches were of immense importance to the researchers. With hybrid steel-ceramic components and a Manufacture Caliber, the modern Tudor North Flag builds on these characteristics.
- The Tudor Fastrider Chrono is a functional chronograph in a sporty design. With its colourful dial and matte tones, it visually emphasizes its technologically sophisticated, practical orientation as a tool watch.
- The Tudor Hydronaut is available in its first issue, which came on the market in 1999, now only available as a vintage model. The Hydronaut II, on the other hand, can be found in Tudor's current collection. It is characterized by a classic diver watch design and is waterproof up to 200 m.
- The Tudor Heritage Advisor is Tudor's second vintage series. It is based on the emblematic Alarm Watch from 1957 and has achieved cult status with its unique design.