Buy certified pre-owned Baume & Mercier Riviera watches
If you find yourself watching the sunset in the evening on the French Riviera in the shade of palm trees, then you are probably already very close to the definition of perfect. Perhaps just as close to perfection are the watches in the Riviera collection
by luxury Swiss watchmaker Baume & Mercier
, which more than live up to their name. Buy one of these classic modern watches
from the Baume & Mercier Riviera collection and forget about the time as you watch the sunset.
Visual and technical details of the Riviera
From many, the Riviera was the flagship of the Baume & Mercier brand. This is entirely understandable when you consider that the Baume & Mercier Riviera
has shaped the brand image of the manufacturer for decades since it was originally launched back in 1973. The Riviera is also one of the world's first stainless steel sports wristwatches
In particular, the distinctive twelve-sided case design
is characteristic of the models in the Riviera collection
. No matter what type of watch it is, the Riviera is always recognisable by its case. Furthermore, the variety of models
in the Riviera series is impressive. Whether it was sporty chronographs, delicate ladies' watches or avant-garde timepieces for men, the Riviera has always had its finger on the pulse of time since it hit the market but has remained true to its design language. No other watch from Baume & Mercier has been as successful as the Riviera in defining the essence of the brand through its own design.
On a technical level, the Riviera knows how to convince with robust automatic calibres
or high-precision quartz movements
. The strong foundations of these cult Riviera timepieces are visually rounded off by rubber, leather or steel bracelets with folding or pin buckles.
Overview of the Baume & Mercier Riviera models
- The Riviera (Ref. 8835) is sporty and robust. With a diameter of 45 mm, the rather stately brushed stainless steel case surrounds a black dial with date display and houses a reliable automatic movement, which can be seen through a see-through case back.
- The Riviera (Ref. M0A08710) represents a beautiful ladies watch on a white rubber and is available for around €2,500. The 38 mm case has a diamond-set bezel and the dial features a date window at 6 o'clock. With stylish Roman numeral indices, the three-handed watch uses a quartz-powered movement to indicate the time.
- As the name suggests, the Riviera XXL (Ref. MOA08834) is massive. This sizable 45 mm model is a chronograph with flyback function, which offers a view of the impressive automatic movement at work through the sapphire crystal dial and case back. You can finance this Baume & Mercier Riviera from just €36 per month.
Special models from the Riviera collection
- The Riviera XXL Jump Hour is one of the most impressive models to come out of the manufacturer's workshops. With a diameter of 45 mm, it isn’t any larger than other Baume & Mercier models, but it stands out from the crowd with a case set with 400 diamonds, which also features four gem-set screws. Even the edge of the crown is set with baguette-cut diamonds. The hands of the regulator dial, which includes the eponymous jumping hour at 12 o'clock, are powered by the Dubois Débraz Calibre 14400. The appearance of this eye-catching watch is rounded off by a crocodile leather strap.
- Another rare model in the Riviera collection is the Riviera YG Perpetual (Ref. 9858). This stylish watch showcases a perpetual calendar with moon phase in 18-carat yellow gold. The overall look of this 34 mm watch is reminiscent of the watches from the 70s and therefore has a unique charm.
Other exciting series from Baume & Mercier
- The watches from the Capeland collection bring the carefree charm of times gone by back to your wrist. With beautiful, elegant lines and carefully selected dial designs, this watch is an excellent everyday companion.
- When things get a little stressful, you can rely on the uncluttered timepieces from the Classima series. The uncompromising, neat and tidy dials are very easy to read and flaunt their sense of style. The classic appearance of the Classima undoubtedly convinces both wearers and admirers alike.
- When you think of watches for day-to-day wear, you can't get help but think of the Clifton series from Baume & Mercier. Whether as a chronograph, with moon phase or as a classic three-hand watch: the Clifton series fits seamlessly into your everyday life and is guaranteed to be a reliable partner.
- The Hamptons, or the Sylt of New York if you will, are honoured by Baume & Mercier with a dedicated collection. Whether it’s the Hampton for Men or the Hampton for Ladies, or the crowd-pleasing unisex series known as the Hampton City and Hampton Milleis – Baume & Mercier has classic yet seemingly modern watches for everyone in this range. There are arguably no other timepieces around that manage to represent a place as well as the Baume & Mercier Hampton series.
- The design of the delightful Promesse is delicate and harmonious. These fine ladies' watches with quartz movement are so versatile that they can easily be combined with a leisurewear or even an office outfit.