Buy the Breitling Old Navitimer - new, used with certificate and vintage
Breitling Old Navitimer - The original Navitimer and its remake
The Breitling Navitimer is a classic among the aviation watches. It was originally worn by pilots and aviation officers because of its practical slide rule bezel. Thanks to its unique style, it quickly gained popularity outside of the cockpit.
Since its presentation in the early 1950s, there have been various developments and variations of the Navitimer. The Old Navitimer from the year 1993 brought back the iconic design of the original Navitimer. Today you will find accordingly under the category Old Navitimer the original model of that time and its new edition. Visually, the watches are very distinctive and rather large, so that they directly catch eyes.
Old Navitimer models have the aesthetics of a functional tool. So they all have a two-sided rotating bezel with slide rule function and they are equipped with three additional sub-dials. Among them is also a handy 12-hour totalizer. In addition, the watch usually carries a date display. Often it is equipped with an elegant leather strap, but there are also variants with stainless steel bracelet. The case is available in stainless steel, yellow gold or a combination of both materials. The first models were equipped with a Valjoux 72 caliber, a manual winding movement. The Old Navitimer of the new edition, however, come with an automatic Breitling 13, which has a power reserve of 42 hours.
The history of the Old Navitimer
Although the Navitimer is one of Breitling's most famous aviator watches, it is not the first one. That was the Chronomat, which came on to the market in 1942. It was then used by the Air Force of the US Army as the official pilot's watch. The Navitimer was the evolution of the Chronomat and published in 1952 by Breitling. At that time, on-board computers were not nearly as sophisticated as they are today, and so the Navitimer with its slide rule bezel was a small revolution for aviation. With features such as the straightforward calculation of fuel consumption, average speed and other aviation parameters, it was an absolute novelty back then.
The Old Navitimer, produced between 1993 and 2002, is more than just a tribute to the 1952 original. It is the optical remake - only the manual wind has been replaced by an automatic movement. Since the Old Navitimer is no longer produced, it enjoys today a great popularity within lovers and collectors circles.
Famous Breitling Navitimer wearers
Just as famous as the Navitimer itself are some of their bearers! John Travolta, actor and hobby pilot, has been a brand ambassador for Breitling since 2005 and featured in several commercials models from the current collection.
Also musician and jazz icon Miles Davis was an avowed Navitimer fan. He owned a Navitimer Ref. 806, as various photos show. Among other things, it is seen in a photo shoot with Guy Le Querrec for Magnum in 1969. Another fan was of the Navitimer is the French musician Serge Gainsbourg, father of the famous actress Charlotte Gainsbourg: In different photos he is shown with his Navitimer Ref. 81600.
Breitling Old Navitimer prices and models
- The Breitling Old Navitimer A13330 is a model made of stainless steel with 41mm case diameter. It comes with an elegant black leather strap and black dial with stick indexes. It is equipped with an automatic movement. In very good used condition it is available for 3,250 €.
- The Breitling Old Navitimer 0816 is a true vintage model. In good condition, it is available for € 2,700. The case is made of stainless steel and has a diameter of 47mm. The black dial is equipped with bar indices. The watch comes with a black leather strap and is manual wound.
- The Breitling Old Navitimer D13322 is characterized by its stainless steel and yellow gold case. It has a diameter of 41 mm. The silver-colored dial bears breguet indices and the gold-colored sub-dials are clearly different. The watch is equipped with an elegant brown leather strap and an automatic movement. In very good, used condition it is available for € 3,150.
- The Breitling Old Navitimer D13022 is an elegant model with a stainless steel and yellow gold case. The watch comes with black crocodile leather strap. The case has a diameter of 41mm, the dial is black with Arabic numerals and auxiliary dials in champagne. For 3.420 € you get the luxury watch in good used condition.
- The Breitling Old Navitimer 806 is also a vintage model. In good, used condition it is available from € 3,290. Striking is above all the elegant red leather bracelet. It has a black dial with stick indexes and white sub-dials. The stainless steel case has a diameter of 40mm. The watch is equipped with manual movement.
More exciting Breitling series
- The Breitling Avenger series is particularly robust and intended for professional use. Its sporty design and high-quality materials make them an all-purpose luxury watch. In 2013, the new generation was introduced with the Avenger II Seawolf and Avenger II GMT.
- The Breitling Colt is available at affordable prices, making it a great entry-level model. Originally designed for military use, it still retains its distinctive, masculine look.
- The Breitling Superocean proves that Breitling not only has high-quality airborne timepieces: waterproof and the into one way rotating bezel, the classic diver's watch is a perfect underwater companion - but with its sleek design, it looks great in everyday life!
- The Breitling Chronomat is the epitome of the pilot's watch and is one of Breitling's most popular series. Over the years the watch received a variety of visual and technical changes. Vintage models are still popular collectibles today.
Finance Breitling Old Navitimer
Breitling Old Navitimer used - Breitling Old Navitimer cheap
In our online shop you will find a large selection of certified, used luxury watches, including numerous models of the Old Navitimer. Investing in a Breitling Navitimer can be worthwhile: The stainless steel version of the Navitimer, for example, experienced an increase in value of 172% between 1996 and 2016 - which, with good care, can add up to several thousand euros. Especially vintage models and not longer produced series, like the Old Navitimer are very popular with collectors and enthusiasts. All watches sold by us are checked by our in-house master watchmakers and provided with a certificate of authenticity. If you have chosen your favorite watch, you can easily pay by credit card or PayPal. Alternatively, you can opt for financing: Small installments allow you to plan your investment on the long term. If you have further questions, just visit our website or our customer service!