How to buy and finance your Cartier timepiece quickly and easily
On our website you´ll find a wide range of certified, used Cartier watches
and vintage models in the best condition. Since we test and certify all watches in-house, we can guarantee you will purchase an original Cartier watch - so rest assured! Have you already decided on a Cartier model and eager to wear it on your wrist?
Either pay directly by credit card or finance your Cartier watch for a longer period of time and pay conveniently in low rates. Financing large investments in small installments will allow you to keep money in your own bank account for longer.
Inform yourself on our website about the best payment options for you or give us a call. Buy your Cartier watch today!
The 5 most popular Cartier watches
- The Cartier Santos 100 is considered the first aviator watch in the world and at the same time the first watch with a leather strap. It was developed in 1904 for Alberto Santos-Dumont, who was a motor flight pioneer and a good friend of Louis Cartier. Even outside of aviation circles, it quickly gained popularity in Europe and North America. Both men's and women's models were equally popular and quickly obtained a reputation as one of the most popular watch models ever. Their timeless design still makes them a classic among the Cartier models.
- Louis Cartier created the Cartier Tank the first rectangular wristwatch, an unusual design. The model has a historic past: as a tribute to British and American support for the French during the First World War, Cartier donated the 1918 model to American General John Joseph Pershing and several of his key officers. The model is inspired by its namesake, the tank (English = tank), then also flat and trapezoidal.
- In 2007, Cartier provided with the Ballon Bleu proof that even today style icons can rise resulting huge influences. Cartier's latest creation comes in unmistakable balloon form. Both women's and men's model quickly became extremely popular.
- The Cartier Pasha is another iconic model: in 1932 it was designed especially for the Sultan of Marrakech, hence the name. He wanted a model that he could wear while bathing. The watertightness was ensured by a screw-on crown closure, a detail that has been preserved even in most current models of this series.
- The Cartier Tonneau, launched in 1906, is an avant-garde eye-catcher thanks to its design: barrel-shaped, it hit the nerve of the time and quickly became a classic.
Top reasons to buy a Cartier Watch
- Elegant, timeless design
- A good investment thanks to a constant increase in value
- Excellent accuracy
- Great recognition value thanks to the iconic Cartier design
How much does a Cartier watch cost?
Our personal favourite Cartier models and their prices
Cartier Ballon Bleu/ W6920002
Used price from: 6,090 € (2013)
Material: Stainless Steel
Key Features: Silver dial & bezel, crown spherically integrated in the bezel
Cartier Santos/W20012C4 1567
Used price from: 1,900 € (1996)
Material: Stainless Steel, yellow gold
Key Features: Square shaped golden bezel, white dial, unisex watch, quartz movement
Cartier Tank Française/W51008Q3 2384
Used price from: 1,800 € (1999)
Material: Stainless Steel
Key Features: Square bezel in silver, white dial, quartz movement
Cartier Pasha W31029M7 2377
Used price from: 2,200 € (2008)
Key Features: silver-coloured dial with arabic numerals and indicez, unisex watch, automatic movement
Cartier Colisée 8157
Used price from: 3,550 € (1994)
Material: Yellow gold
Key Features: rounded bezel in gold, white dial, yellow gold strap, ladies' watch, quartz movement
Santos Galbee 187901
Used price from: 1,580 € (1997)
Material: Yellow gold, Stainless Steel
Key Features: Square, yellow golden bezel, stainless steel and yellow gold bracelet, unisex watch
Pre-owned and vintage Cartier watches are a good investment
Cartier watches radiate a luxurious aura and are more than just an eye-catcher
thanks to their exclusive materials. Investing in used Cartier watches is also worthwhile investment: Luxury Watches from well-known brands such as Cartier experience a constant increase in value
over the years. Especially special models and limited editions are considered a particularly good investment. But classic models such as the "Tank" or the "Santos" are also very popular, which is reflected in their resale value. Stay on the safe side: purchasing a used Cartier from watchmaster.com ensures you will receive an authenticated timepiece, which has been certified by our master watchmakers.
The History of Cartier - “King of the Jewelers"
The Paris-based luxury jewellery brand is considered the purveyor of kings, above all because of its exquisite diadems. Founded in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier, he was back then a small jewellery manufacturer specialising in handcrafted gems. This modeled the idea of the Italian Renaissance. The unique and elaborate jewellery quickly became popular among affluent Parisians and gave Louis-François the opportunity to serve the Empress of France, Eugenie, with his world-class creations.
Other royal houses - including the British - thrilled for Cartier's unparalleled jewelry. An important step for Cartier, the brand grew faster than expected and moved in 1895 to the Boulevard des Italiens. This year also marked the beginning of its breakthrough in the world of luxury watches: as a newcomer to the horology industry, the company initially produced custom-made pocket watches because wristwatches were still rare and not very popular. In 1874, Cartier's son Louis-François-Alfred entered the business. With him the foundation of a separate watch division began. As early as 1888 he launched the first wristwatches of the brand on the market - a change that enormously increased range and prestige.
When Cartier launched the Tank Series in the early 1900s, it set new standards not only in terms of shape. The rectangular case is based on the contour of the tanks used for the first time during the First World War. At the same time, the tank is also the first unisex watch that became equally popular among men and women. Andy Warhol and Princess Diana were both avowed fans of the clock. When Jackie Kennedy's model was auctioned in 2017, Kim Kardashian-West bought it for $ 379,500.
How Cartier made a name for himself
Cartier's success story is closely linked to his connection to nobility. Their gentry flair and exclusive prices make Cartier watches extremely popular among the upper-class. The company owes its fame above all to its tailor-made pieces of jewellery (Haute Jewellery) made of exclusive materials. Later, it made a name for itself as a watch manufacturer. At the beginning of the 20th century, Cartier initially produced pocket watches. Models such as the "Santos" 1906, the "Tank" 1917 and the "Pasha" 1932 were launched on the market.
Those who wore Cartier watches ranged from actors to politicians and even real princesses. Well-known Cartier wearers include the Princess of Wales Lady Di, Angelina Jolie, former First Lady Michelle Obama, former US President Bill Clinton and football star Cristiano Ronaldo.
The philosophy of the most elegant jewellery and watch house
With its combination of courage and passion, Cartier is still one of the leading watchmaking brands and continues to impress with modern concepts based around tradition. Inspired by historical designs, Cartier manages to surprise with contemporary twists. To this day, Cartier creates its own fashion trends, based on subtle yet pure luxury. Meanwhile, the company's jewellery and watch models are practical and modern, yet still full of elegance. Cartier watches still stands for exclusivity today. They combine old luxury with modern practical designs - an innovation that unites generations. Cartier watches are characterised by a variety of styles and shapes. The typical Cartier watch is restrained and suitable for every occasion. It is ideal as a dress watch and is neither too luxurious nor too casual. Of course, Cartier also offers numerous watches, which are set with brilliants and diamonds. However, one of the most popular features of a Cartier watch are its Roman numerals.