Invest in Cartier Roadster watches - The sportscar within in the watches
The brand has launched numerous luxurious and elegant series over the years. Thanks to high-quality materials and excellent watchmaking skills, the brand's watches are robust and durable. So it can be worthwhile to invest in certified used Cartier Roadster watches. Often they experience a constant increase in value over the years. Particularly no longer produced series, special models or limited editions are considered a worthwhile investment. Classic models are also enjoying increasing popularity, which is also reflected in the resell value.
In our online shop you will find many interesting designs of the Cartier Roadster in a certified, used condition, new and vintage models. If you have found your favorite watch, you can conveniently pay by credit card, PayPal or in installments with an individual financing option over a longer period of time. If you have further questions please contact our customer service.
Features of the Cartier Roadster
The Cartier Roadster is a sporty elegant wristwatch, whose case is modeled after the two-seater sports car of the same name. It is quadrangular with two curved sides - just like a real roadster from a bird's eye view. The sinuous shape incorporates all the elements of the elegant timepiece, giving it a harmonious look reminiscent of the Bullet taillights of a C1 Corvette. The dial is also available in a sports car version. In addition to the Cartier-typical Roman numerals there are also some dials in Porsche design: alternating red and white numerals, a circulating hour circle with inside minute indices. The hands are a strong reminiscent of the hands of the speedometer of a 1950s Porsche 356.
The Roadster is available in different versions. There are variants in stainless steel, yellow gold or a combination of both materials. It always has a three-row link chain bracelet and a date display at 3 o'clock with magnifying lens. Iconic is also the crown protection which Cartier fans already know from such series as the Pasha. As befits a watch with motorsport links, the Cartier Roadster is available as a chronograph. Functionally, it also lives up to the term "sports watch": it is waterproof up to 100m.
The history of the Cartier Roadster
Cartier can look back on a long, rich history. Founded in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier, the small jewelry studio was initially the purveyor to the court of the Empress of France and other royal families. Since wristwatches were not very popular in the 19th century, Cartier was initially active in the production of pocket watches. But soon the popular jewelry house began to produce wristwatches - initially only for women. With the series Santos and Tank Cartier then also inspired the men's world.
Since then, numerous series of the popular luxury brand have appeared. Tank variants like the Solo or the Française, iconic watches like the Panthère or sporty lines like the Roadster. This has been inspiring since the early 2000s with its luxuriously implemented sports car-inspired design.
Cartier Roadster prices and models at a glance
The Cartier Roadster is available in many interesting stylings. Various materials and designs are used, resulting, of course, in a variety of prices from round about 1.500 € to 15.000€. Here are some models at a glance:
- The Cartier Roadster W62002V3 is equipped with a 38mm stainless steel case. The link chain bracelet is made of stainless steel. The dial comes in the iconic Porsche design: white, Arabic numerals, the circular hour display and the inner minute indicator are formed after a speedometer of a 1950s Porsche 356. The watch is equipped with an automatic movement. In very good, used condition it is available from 3.230 €.
- The Cartier Roadster W62017V3 is a model for women made of stainless steel with a 32.8mm case diameter. The pink dial has a date display at 3 o'clock and is set with Roman numerals. The watch is equipped with a quartz movement. From 3.000 € it is available in good, used condition.
- The Cartier Roadster W62019X6 is a rather large model made of stainless steel with a case diameter of 40mm. It comes with a practical chronograph function. The silver-colored dial bears, beside the date display at 3 o'clock, two auxiliary dials at 6 and 9 o'clock. The watch is equipped with an automatic movement. In very good, used condition it is available from 3.970 €.
- The Cartier Roadster W4BB0017 is available in good condition from € 2,810. Bracelet and case are made of yellow gold and stainless steel. With a diameter of 32mm, this Roadster is a rather small model. The silver dial bears Roman numerals and a date window at 3 o'clock. The watch is equipped with a quartz movement.
More exciting Cartier series
- The Ballon Bleu is round like a balloon and its winding crown adorns a blue sapphire. The latest creation from Cartier is available as a ladies' and men's variant.
- The Tank Française updates the tank design of 1917, which is modeled on British tanks, combining classic and modern.
- The Santos was a gift from Cartier to his friend, the Brazilian pilot Alberto Santos Dumont. With its eye-catching screws and rounded corners, it's one of the most important and popular collections in the house.
Famous Cartier Roadster wearers
The Cartier Roadster also has its fans among celebrities. The sporty design of the watch excites especially super athletes. So both football god Christiano Ronaldo and basketball pro Chris Paul show of with the chronograph version of the Roadster. The watch also has its fans among the ladies: actress Catherine Zeta-Jones and ex-spice girl Victoria Beckham wear elegant Roadster models on their wrists.