Buy Ebel watches new, certified pre-owned and vintage
The fastest way to your Ebel wristwatch
If you are interested in buying an Ebel watch
, we offer you the opportunity to do so right here and now. As an online retailer for certified pre-owned luxury watches, we always have comparatively affordable Ebel models on offer. As soon as you have decided on your watch, you can comfortably pay by credit card, PayPal or bank transfer. You would like to finance your Ebel watch
? Again, this is no issue, simply create your individual instalment plan, set a deposit of your choice and your new favourite watch is on its way to your home.
The most popular collections
- The most well-known and at the same time perhaps the most popular series from Ebel is undoubtedly the Wave collection. With the iconic curved design of the bracelet links, this collection offers wonderful timepieces for both men and women that are up to any challenge in everyday life.
- Off to new shores: with a model of the Ebel Discovery on your wrist you are prepared for all adventures. Find out what you are made of and choose a timeless model from the Discovery collection.
- Ebel provides you with classic, sporty designs with the Sport collection. If you are looking for a single watch for all occasions, then you may have found your luck with the Sport.
- The Ebel Beluga is dedicated to the charming Beluga whale. With a model of this collection on your wrist, you cannot help but radiate the same positive attitude as the rare narwhal.
The 5 best reasons to buy Ebel watches
Enchanting appearance: New and pre-owned Ebel watches impress with their unique design elements, classic meets mysticism.
Emotional bond: The story of the brand is a high-profile love story, Ebel is truly a popular figure.
Luxury watches in the lower price segment: Comparatively, Ebel reflects prices in the entry-level range of the luxury watch market.
High recognition value: Distinctive optical features such as the Classic Wave bracelet make Ebel watches stand out.
Perfect fashion accessory: Due to the focus on design, there are models suitable for suits as well as for graceful evening dresses. And that's not all: you will also find a suitable timepiece for leisure and sport.
Models and prices of Ebel watches
All series from Ebel
are available in numerous variations, the large variety of products facilitates a very individual choice.
- One of the bestsellers is the Wave (Ref. 1216204). This men's model with a 40 mm stainless steel and rose gold case features the characteristic Wave link bracelet, has a date display at three o'clock and is water-resistant to 5 bar. You can purchase this classic second-hand model from as little as €1,750.
- The Sport Classic (Ref. 9090124) is a 26.5 mm small ladies' watch. The stainless steel case is set with diamonds, the dial is mother-of-pearl white and the indices are also formed by diamonds. Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the inside guarantees good legibility. You can purchase the pre-owned Ebel Sport Classic in fully refurbished, very good condition from €950.
- The Ebel 1911 (Ref. 9120L41) is a tribute to the company's beginnings. The timepieces of the series were launched in 1986 and are still being built today. With a case diameter of 40 mm and a COSC-certified automatic movement, the second-hand model (year 2017) costs €1,650.
- The Discovery (Ref. 1216400) is a 41 mm men's model with a blue dial. Photoluminescent hands such as line indices and a water resistance of up to 10 bar make this all-rounder suitable for water sports. Thanks to the previous owner, the watch is available in mint condition for a small €950.
- The model Brasilia (Ref. 9126M52) falls somewhat out of the range due to the shape of its case. Ebel proudly presents us a men's watch with a rectangular case made of polished stainless steel. The black dial of the chronograph stands out due to the polish. A model from 2009 is available second-hand from €1,580.
What to look for when buying a watch as an investment?
In a time of low-interest rates, it is understandable to think about alternative investments. The market for certified, second-hand luxury watches is therefore worth considering for many investors. But before you buy a watch as an economic hedge, there are a few things you should consider. Regardless of the technical characteristics of the watch, the market value of the watch
can vary greatly depending on supply and demand
. Only rarely are current models considered as capital investments, often it is strictly limited and/or vintage watches that experience a rapid increase in value.
However, it is not an easy game, the market value of a watch can change faster than you think. On the watch market, unlike on the stock exchange, the market does not deal with the future, but always looks at the present. Thus, desire and mood, emotional aspects
and especially the personal value of a watch
play a more decisive role than the watchmaking value.
This circumstance, however, plays into the cards of the Ebel brand
: from the very beginning, the company has focused on the individual appearance
of its models. This resulted in a general awareness for ladies' watches
, as the fairer sex usually attaches just as much importance to the appearance of a wristwatch as the men. Therefore, emotions and a personal connection to the timepiece play a major role at Ebel!
About love and birthday gifts
The Swiss watch brand Ebel
looks back on over 100 years of company history. Ebel can keep up with the great representatives of the luxury watch industry. But what brought this about? We take a few years back, more precisely to the year 1875. On a warm summer's day, on 15 July, Eugène is born as the ninth and last child of the Blum couple. Eugène Blum completed a commercial apprenticeship, then his half-brother helped him to his first job. Not far from the current company headquarters, in La Chaux-de-Fonds, he already ran a small watch factory. While Eugène worked in his half-brother's business, he established contacts in Russia and Turkey
, which were to be of great importance for his later independence.
In 1899 he met the Frenchwoman Alice Lévy, only three years later the couple married in Paris - the city of love. Thanks to the wealthy bride's parents and an opulent dowry of 40,000 francs, new opportunities opened up for the young couple. Full of energy and driven by his wealth of business knowledge, Eugène and his wife decided to take the step into self-employment. The idea of building and selling their own watches
had been on their minds for some time, but before they met, this was an unspoken dream of both of them.
After many formalities to be clarified and tough negotiations with Jules-Emile Blancpain from Villeret
about deliveries of the movements and the associated payment conditions, the way was paved. One last thing had to be clarified before registration: what should the new brand be called in future? The Blum couple quickly agreed that an acronym for both names
, Eugène Blum et Lèvy, should form the basis of the Ebel
The trademark was then registered on 15 July 1911 in the commercial register of the city of La Chaux-de-Fonds. Does the 15th of July look familiar to you? Right, it is Eugène's 36th birthday. However, this is not so much a coincidence as it is a rather nice gift to oneself, considering how the company blossomed in the following years.
From the very beginning, Eugène and Alice focused on the production of wristwatches
, although at that time these had not yet fully reached society. Eugène was mainly concerned with the technical side of brand development
, while Alice felt responsible for the aesthetic aspects
of Ebel watches
. This was not to be neglected, in retrospect even an extremely clever move: parallel to the establishment of wristwatches for men by the military, it was also the ladies who wanted to wear delicate and beautiful timepieces. As a result, not only the quality, but also the design and the decoration with a variety of colourful gemstones was in the foreground.
Already one year after the foundation of the company Ebel the Blums presented their first wristwatches. They launched a comprehensive collection at the national exhibition of 1914 in Bern. At this exhibition, they impressed the trade public so much with their concealed hand-setting mechanisms
that they were awarded a gold medal. The reputation of the young company grew very quickly in watchmaking and customer circles as a result. In 1932 the founder's son, Charles Blum, took over the management of the company. Under his leadership, the company's sales network expanded widely
, with Austria, Russia and Spain remaining just a few examples.
In the 1970s, when the company was handed over to the next generation, a considerable economic upturn followed. Now under the management of Pierre-Alain Blum, grandson of the founder, Ebel also produces wristwatches for Cartier
. In the meantime, the company has become part of the French luxury goods group Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy, LVMH for short. Due to the extensive network of participating luxury brands, the Ebel management can establish valuable contacts and manifest the status as a luxury watch brand. Since 2003 Ebel is part of the Movado Group
. Besides Concord, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Scuderia Ferrari and Tommy Hilfiger, Ebel and Movado form the blatant share of luxury watches of the company.
Ebel on the red carpet
Like many other brands, the Swiss manufacturer Ebel has an impressive portfolio of brand ambassadors
. Among others, the notorious actor Charlie Sheen
got involved in an advertising campaign with Ebel already in 1994. Besides Sheen, Ebel also relies on the Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen
. However, that is by no means all. The international spirit of the Ebel timepieces has recently been underlined by the Pakistani actress Hareem Farooq
, who also promotes Ebel watches as brand ambassador
About the brand's philosophy
From the very beginning, the company has attached great importance to the appearance
of the models it produces. Nevertheless, watches of the brand Ebel offer the highest quality. Ebel's product range is certified
by the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC), a standard that is by no means fulfilled by all watch manufacturers! But the focus on beautiful, unique timepieces brings the company to the point in one sentence, they call themselves the "architects of time"
Since 1911, Ebel watches
have stood out especially in the ladies' world. The company philosophy fits like a glove. The fine emblem
with the embraced E's can be found today in the most elegant shopping streets of the world and always reminds of a company whose heart beats in the rhythm of our time.