Buy Franck Muller watches - new, used with certificate & vintage
steep success of an exceptional talent
Francesco "Franck" Muller was born on July 11, 1958, to an Italian mother and Swiss father. He enjoyed childhood in a multicultural environment and developed early an interest in mechanical devices of all kinds.
After four years of training at the Geneva watchmaking school, Franck worked for the well-known watchmaker Sved Andersen and other important Swiss watchmakers. After a short time, Franck Muller's talent for complications got around and he received orders from Patek Philippe, Breguet, A. Lange & Söhne and Vacheron Constantin. At this time Franck was just 24 years old.
In 1983, the young exceptional talent presented his first own wristwatches, it had a specially developed, complicated movement. Franck recognized that there was a demand for unique watches and began to pursue this market more intensively.
In 1987, Franck Muller created a domed case that exclusively appears on his watches. The "Cintrée Curvex" is a further development of the well-known Tonneau shape in which converge three curved axes of the watch case at a single point. The most famous Franck Muller series bears the same name, the Cintrée Curvex is now considered one of the trademarks of the manufactory and has now prevailed in other series.
In 1991, Franck Muller, together with gemstone and case expert Vartan Sirmakes from Geneva, founded Technowatch SA. Sirmakes comes from a family of Armenian goldsmiths, together Muller and Sirmakes have the best conditions to build an empire. Immediately the company began to flourish, the watches of Franck Muller set several records.
In 1992, Franck received the title of the "most complicated wristwatch in the world". The Piguet / Muller / Gerber Grand Complication watch contains a perpetual calendar with retrograde monthly and equations display, weekday, date, 24-hour and leap year cycle indicator, moon phase and even a thermometer.
Franck developed restless common complications, such as the minute repeater by the invention of the strike movement with display in 1993.
At an almost regular interval of one year, the company launches models with revolutionary complications; several patents are issued to Franck Muller.
In 1998 the Technowatch SA becomes the Franck Muller Watchland SA, an association of several watch brands: In addition to Franck Muller himself, Pierre Kunz, European Company Watch (ECW), Rodolphe and Alexis Barthelay also joins. The independent master watchmakers Pierre Michel Golay, Christian Huygns and Martin Braun as well as some suppliers become members and henceforth use the collective name "Watchland".
In 2003, the two founders Muller and Sirmakes fought violently. Muller accused his business partner of a hidden production, a lawsuit including demand for liquidation and compensation stood in the room. Sirmakes countered, Muller sued for slander and also demanded compensation. The quarrel swung up, the media did theirs and fueled the fire. More than a year later, both realized that they needed to be reconciled if they did not want to ruin each other. So Muller withdrew his allegations, Sirmakes apologized and also praised Muller's "qualities as a watchmaker and developer". Since then, Sirmakes has been managing the company as CEO, Franck Muller is responsible for the watchmaking matters and acts as a consultant and developer.
In 2009, the self-proclaimed, but not unjustly described "master of complications" once again achieves a noteworthy record. After five years of development, Muller presents the Grande Complication Aeternitas Mega 4: The model has 36 complications, 25 are visible. The calendar is pre-programmed until the year 3009, but the true performance is obvious when you take a closer look at the movement Aeternitas Mega 4: It consists of a total of 1,483 individual parts! Such a complex movement didn´t exist before. Incidentally, the single piece was sold to a collector from the United States, for a mere of $ 2.7 million.
A very typical distinguishing feature of the Franck Muller timepieces are, in addition to the curved case form, especially the long-drawn numerals in ^the Art Nouveau style. They are reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland - playful, mystical and at the same time disciplined.
Franck Muller as an investment?
It hasn’t been a secret, in recent years, the market for luxury watches has become increasingly attractive as an investment. Investors look for alternatives in times of low interest rates, which is completely normal. In fact, high profits can sometimes be made with the right watch.
But which watch is the right one? Nobody can answer this question clearly. But we can try to give you a few arguments on what to look for when purchasing a watch for investment reasons.
- First, the reputation of the manufacturer is crucial, the brand Franck Muller exists only for less than 30 years, but the manufacturer is known and enjoys great respect. This period of time may not yet be considered a tradition, but the necessary know-how is definitely present in the brand, as Muller has repeatedly proven. In general, the longer the history of a manufacturer, the bigger the potential on developing profitability.
- The location of a manufactory makes a difference. Switzerland is considered a horological Mecca and symbolically stands for the highest quality. Brands from Switzerland often have an advantage in value preservation. Franck Muller, headquartered in Genthod in the canton of Geneva, has a geographical advantage in this respect.
- Of course, the state of a watch is crucial. Vintage watches in particular can be good investments - if they are well preserved. Franck Muller vintage watches are not cheap but could be worth a lot more in a few years!
- Also the number of pieces produced can contribute to the increase in value. The fewer models in circulation, the higher the prices can develop. Because ultimately the offer determines the price.
- Last but not least, the watch should be special. Rare functions or advertisements, in view of the future, complications hold great potential - true to the motto "more is always better".
Vintage Franck Muller watches meet almost all these criteria. The brand is still relatively young, but maybe that's just the advantage: Although the models are already expensive today, could be significantly more expensive in the future.
Whatever one ultimately decides, a thorough research should be a prerequisite for the purchase decision.
5 top reasons to buy a Franck Muller
- Highest precision
- Extravagant design
- Most complicated watches in the world
- Innovative spirit
- Perfect workmanship
The most popular collections of Franck Muller
- Franck Muller Cintrée Curvex - The collection embodies the typical lines of Franck Muller and not only with its name. With perfectly curved contours and a unique design, the Cintrée Curvex holds the most blatant silhouette of all the models of the brand. Even its dial is a peculiarity in itself, fantastic long drawn numerals exude their own charm. The collection is a prime example of vibrant designs within the taste-retaining boundaries of timeless elegance.
- Franck Muller Long Island - Inspired by Art Deco, this collection honors the design movement with a rectangular shape and exceptional numerals. Meanwhile, the series has established itself as one of the leading collections, the models are preferably worn by discreet gentlemen.
- Franck Muller Master Square - Franck Muller was also inspired by the Art Deco movement for this collection. The result was a watch that impresses with its geometric purity and symmetrical lines. Harmony, balance and vehemence are the best descriptions of the collection.
- Franck Muller Vanguard - With the revised form of the Cintrée Curvex and sporty elements, the Manufacture created with the Vanguard an impressive watch with a unique design. Innovative aesthetics, hand-polished appliqué numerals and an into the case integrated bracelet give the models absolute, sporty elegance.
- Franck Muller Round - That the original tradition of watchmaking lies in the blood of the master, Franck Muller proves with the Round collection. The focus is on the simple case, a clean design and pure simplicity. But the models range from simple mechanical movements to complications such as perpetual calendar and tourbillons. The diversity of the collection is its true ace.
The philosophy of the manufactory
"Master of Complications" - this title more than lives up to Franck Muller. The movements he designs regularly cause a stir in the entire luxury watch industry in a good way. With his watches Muller set records in the Guinness Book of Records and obtained numerous patents. But that's exactly what the brand is known for: The watches may remain a matter of taste, but inside each time an incomparable movement is doing it’s work. Absolutely highest quality, finest workmanship and precision, which is second to none.
Nevertheless, the employees of the Genthod factory, especially Franck Muller, do not stand still. Restless research, development and improvement, an no end in sight.
Prices of Franck Muller watches
Franck Muller used means Franck Muller for cheap!
Franck Muller Conquistador Ref. 8002 SC
Used price: 5.240 €, condition "very good", incl. box and papers, year of construction 2002
Optical features: Black dial, six o'clock date window, silver Arabic numerals, 34mm steel case, black rubber strap
Franck Muller Bi-Retrogrande Perpetual Calendar (Ref. 7850 CCQPB)
Used price: 15.400 €, condition "very good", incl. Box, built in 2012
Optical features: Black dial, moon phase at six o'clock, weekday, month, date and leap year indicator, chronograph, white Arabic numerals, 36mm white gold case, black leather strap
Franck Muller Casablanca (Ref. 6850)
Used price: 3.830 €, condition "good", incl. Box, from 2007
Optical features: White dial, orange Arabic numerals, 46mm steel case, steel bracelet
Franck Muller Master of Complications (Ref. 5850 MC L)
Used price: 6.990 €, condition "very good", incl. Box and papers, year of construction 2002
Optical features: Silver-white guilloche dial, moon phase at six o'clock, weekday, month and date display, silver Arabic numerals, red 5-minute intervals, 31mm yellow gold case, black leather strap, 2800MC caliber
The fastest way: Finance Franck Muller!
Buy certified, used Franck Muller watches online at Watchmaster
You are thinking about getting a Franck Muller watch? At Watchmaster, as dealer of certified, used luxury watches, you will always find a selection of Franck Muller watches.
You have already decided on a used Franck Muller watch? Congratulations, because a used luxury watch is one thing above all: Much cheaper than new from the manufacturer. At Watchmaster, you can also be sure that your chosen watch will arrive in the best possible condition - each model will be checked for originality by our master watchmakers, visually and technically prepared, and after all - certified.
You can now conveniently pay for your new watch by credit card, PayPal or bank transfer. Alternatively, Watchmaster offers you the option of financing. Just set the amount of the deposit and the installment itself, then create your own individual financing plan. You are also welcome to contact our customer service by phone or email for further action.