Buy Jaeger-LeCoultre watches new, certified pre-owned and vintage
The history of the Swiss watch manufacturer
The story begins in 1833 in the Vallée de Joux in the middle of the Swiss Jura as two brothers, Charles Antoine and François Ulysse LeCoultre, founded a small watch company, back then under the name LeCoultre.
Always eager for new innovations, Charles Antoine in 1844 developed the world's first million-meter. With the help of this, it was possible to manufacture the finest watch components more accurately than ever while ensuring the highest precision.
From the beginning, the company has been striving to develop its products and promote ingenuity. Each watch of the brand is still produced today in the “Grand Maison”, the production workshop of Jaeger-LeCoultre, a total of over 180 different professional crafts. Over the years, around 1,200 different calibers have been developed, each with unique attributes, such as the most accurate timing or unusual shapes of the movements that are perfectly adapted to the shape of their cases.
In the beginning, although some steps were still carried out outside the home of Jaeger-LeCoultre, in 1866 the son of Charles Antoine began to bring all production processes under one roof.
This ensured that an exceptionally homogeneous work could be achieved and the individual work steps were perfectly coordinated.
In 1903, the grandson of the original founder had taken over the company and met the Parisian watchmaker Edmond Jaeger, who opened the doors into the world of luxury watch companies for LeCoultre and its watches. Together, the men designed ultra-slim pocket watches just with a thickness of just 1.38 cm.
In 1929, the still todays smallest mechanical watch in the world was developed with just 74 parts.
After years of cooperation LeCoultre and Jaeger decided in 1937 to unite their companies and the luxury watch brand Jaeger-LeCoultre was born.
The brand is known for its precision molds that are perfectly adapted to, for example, rectangular watches. In addition, the name has always stood for sensational accuracy.
In 1925, the Duoplan watch was introduced, its movement was designed on two levels, so that the balance was relatively large and the watch could guarantee the highest precision.
The next major milestone was not long in coming: In 1928 appeared the Atmos, a very popular table clock, which is driven solely by the change of the outside temperature.
Even with the smallest temperature fluctuations, the volume of a gas mixture in a capsule changes and thus drives the balance.
Jaeger-LeCoultre is proud to wear the title Manufacture, as they have not only been making their own watches since the very beginning, but also making every part of their movements themselves. These are so in demand that other major watch manufacturers, such as the IWC, also uses Jaeger-LeCoultre movements. In 1931, the series, which is a trademark of Jaeger-LeCoultre, presented "Reverso". Originally, the watch was designed for polo players who regularly damaged their wristwatches and filigree movements during fast-paced games. Jaeger-LeCoultre has developed a watch that can be turned on the wrist to protect the delicate dial. Today there are numerous variations of material combinations or variations of the dial and its features.
In addition to the production of outstanding everyday watches, the brand has sought a second industry, where they also play in the top league. In 2009, the "Trilogy Hybris Mechanica 55" was introduced. It consisted of three watches, which were made together from 55 complications.
The "Hybris Mechanica à Grande Sonnerie" is considered one of the most complicated watches in the world with a total of 26 complications and is the only one that makes the complete Westminster melody sound.
New, used and vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre watches as an investment
Due to the extremely high-quality and elaborate production of Jaeger-LeCoultre watches, they hardly lose their value and are extremely stable in terms of value. While other brands often undertake large advertising campaigns, the watch speak for themselves here. With a vintage watch from Jaeger-LeCoultre they have a very special piece of jewelry on their arm, which promises longevity and first-class accuracy.
Best reasons to buy a Jaeger-LeCoultre watch
- Exceptional craftsmanship
- 100% own production of the watch in the "Grand Maison"
- Outstanding accuracy and precision of craftsmanship
- Timeless design
- Impressive longevity and constant value retention
The excellent Models of Jaeger-LeCoultre
- The Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Classique 2501410 is, as the name implies, a classic. This model is sleek and straightforward with its brown leather strap and golden case. The movement is wound by hand, which still conveys the original vintage feel.
- The Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin 1368420 is also a watch that is appreciated by lovers of classic models. It has a black leather strap in crocodile look and a silver case. At six o'clock there is an extra totalizer: a date indicator with extra hands, which gives the watch an extra accent.
- For anyone who wants to be 100% sure of the accuracy of their watch, the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control 147.8.37.S is just the right watch. Simple and unobtrusive, yet elegant and timeless, the watch has been thoroughly tested for 1000 hours before its sale and therefore promises even higher precision than watches that have been tested using regular procedures.
- Of course, Jaeger-LeCoultre also has a legendary dive watch in its range. The Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Deep Sea Chronograph Q2068570 is waterproof to a depth of 1000m. Its sporty and elegant design makes it the perfect companion for both dive adventures and upscale evening events.
Buy and finance Jaeger-LeCoultre watches - easy and fast
Our online store offers a large selection of certified used Jaeger-LeCoultre watches in excellent condition and vintage luxury models. We check and certify our watches for you, thanks to the certificate of authenticity, you can be sure that your watch is an original watch.
You have already made your decision and cant wait to get your Jaeger-LeCoultre watch home?
Pay your Jaeger-LeCoultre quickly and easy by credit card. If you like to see your money
on your account for longer, you can sign up for the opportunity - decide for financing. Pay the purchase price in small installments - an installment payment allows you to plan your investment in the long term. Inform yourself on our website, which payment option is the right for you. Come and buy your Jaeger-LeCoultre today.