Buy Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M watches new, vintage and used with certificate
The history of the Planet Ocean 600 M
For the first time, the Planet Ocean 600 M was launched in 2005 as part of the Seamaster collection. It is not only a tribute to the sea and water sports, but 600m waterproof a diver's watch of superlatives. It was available in different variations with and without chronograph function and different calibers. These models also had their first appearances in the James Bond films "Casino Royale" and "A Quantum of Solace."
In 2011, the series received a visual and technical revision: the bezel has since been made of ceramic; Another eye-catching innovation is the transparent caseback, which provides insights into the movement of the watch. The predecessor models were available in 38 mm, 42 mm, and 45.5 mm, plus a 43.5 mm version was added. The movement has been replaced by more powerful calibers, e.g. the caliber 8500 for the model without chronograph function.
In 2016, the next revision followed. The new Planet Ocean 600 M is designed as an exclusive wristwatch for the professional sector and offers top performance paired with elegant sporty design. Visually it takes over elements of the first Seamaster from the year 1957, but is equipped with Omega's co-axial escapement technically. The technical sophisticated movement has been tested by METAS and certified as a “Master Chronograph”. It is available in stainless steel or 18 carat sedna gold. Another change is the imprinted minute ring, as well as the alveolar grain of the movement, which can be seen through the transparent case back.
Features of the Omega Planet Ocean 600 M
In addition to the one way rotatable ceramic bezel, the helium valve at 10 o'clock is a striking visual feature of the powerful diver's watch. The dial and bezel of the current collection are mostly ocean blue, but they are also available in white and black. Even hour and minute hands in the iconic arrow shape are special eye-catcher. In order to guarantee the best readability even in low light conditions, the watch is provided with blue luminous indices. The orientation point at 12 o'clock and the minute hand, on the other hand, contrast in color with a green glow. Another visual highlight is the transparent caseback, through which one can see the running movement. Another innovation is the Arabic numerals at 6, 9 and 12 o'clock. At 3 o'clock you´ll find the window for the date display.
The James Bond watch and its bearers
The most popular secret agent of all time wears different models of the Planet Ocean series in its films. Award-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming was responsible for choosing the first Omega watch from the Seamaster line for 007. In "Casino Royale" (2006) Bond actor Daniel Craig wears a Planet Ocean 600 M co-axial with the reference 2900.50.91. Already two years later, he was wearing a similar model (Ref.ref. 2201.50.00) with dial and bezel in black. Also in 2012 in "Skyfall" Daniel Craig wears a Ref. Ref. 18.104.22.168.01.004.
But other celebrities are avowed wearers of the series. Exception swimmer Michael Phelps, for example, has even been given a limited edition, the Seamaster Planet Ocean "Michael Phelps" limited edition in striking blue-orange.
Interesting models of the Omega Planet Ocean 600 M series
- The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M 22.214.171.124.01.001 has a case diameter of 42mm and is equipped with a black bezel and dial. It is one of the classic models without chronograph function and is equipped with a caliber 8500.
- The big brother of the 126.96.36.199.01.001 has the reference number 188.8.131.52.01.001 and is completely identical except for a larger case diameter of 45.5mm.
- The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M 184.108.40.206.03.001 is a classic model with blue dial and bezel. The indices and arrow-shaped hands are white in daylight and shine in low light conditions thanks to applied luminescent material.
- The Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600 M 220.127.116.11.01.002 is a striking model of the series: With a case diameter of 43.5 mm, the watch is distinctive and yet sporty. Bezel and dial are in black, the first 15 minutes of the hour are marked on the bezel with orange rubber application, as are the Arabic numerals highlighted in orange.
More exciting Omega series
- The Omega Constellation is one of the core series of the swiss watch manufacturer. By using precious materials from stainless steel to platinum, the watches look classic elegant and impresses with technical brilliance.
- As the first and only watch on the moon, the Omega Speedmaster “Moonwatch” is a classic icon among the Omega watches. As the official NASA watch, in 1969 it accompanied the crew of the Apollo 11 on the first manned flight to the moon and wrote history on the wrist of Buzz Aldrin. It is popular with collectors and enthusiasts alike thanks to its excellent quality and outstanding design.
- The Omega De Ville is an elegant wristwatch with a simple design, the first wristwatch equipped with Co-Axial escapement, guaranteeing exceptional accuracy. It is available as a ladies' and men's watch and suits every occasion.
- The Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 150 M convinces with simple design and great accuracy. It is available as a ladies' and men's watch. The transparent caseback is a special eye-catcher.