Buy Panerai Luminor Marina watches new, certified pre-owned and vintage
The fastest way: Finance the Panerai Luminor Marina
A cheap Panerai watch
is hard to find. But among the numerous certified, used luxury watches in the online shop of Watchmaster are always models of the Italian brand represented. These can then conveniently be purchased by credit card, PayPal or by bank transfer. Alternatively, Watchmaster offers you affordable financing options
for your desired Panerai Luminor Marina model
. In the order process, put together your own instalment plan, determine the duration and amount of the down payment yourself and expect your new luxury watch in just a few days!
The Panerai Luminor Marina in detail
The Panerai Luminor Marina
is due to its water resistance of 30 bar pressure the diving watch of the collection. Its dial is strikingly simple, the Arabic numerals and watch hands themselves are coated with luminescence mass. In addition, the seconds can be read on a sub-dial at nine o'clock. Depending on the model, there is also a date window at three o'clock.
One feature that immediately catches the eye is the crown protection
. A locking lever secures the crown and reliably prevents accidental adjustment or even damage. It represents a characteristic design element, which also contains a meaningful function. The case of the timepiece measures 44 mm in diameter and is 15 mm high. It is made of matte titanium or polished stainless steel 316L. The latter material is often used in the watch industry, it contains both chrome and nickel and is therefore resistant to corrosion and acid.
The heart of the series is either the P.5000 calibre
, a completely from Officine Panerai-designed calibre with a power reserve of up to 192 hours (eight days), or the exclusive P.3001 manual winding movement
. It based on the ETA 6497-2 and has been certified by the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (COSC). It has a power reserve of 72 hours (or three days). The watch glass is made of anti-reflective sapphire crystal and is 3.5 mm thick. The screwed case back is also made of sapphire crystal. It is made from the synthetically produced mineral corundum.
The current collection and Panerai Luminor Marina prices
The current collection includes 15 model variants with different dials, case sizes from 40 to 47 millimetres and different bracelets. The most popular models of these are the following:
- The Panerai Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Acciaio (Ref. PAM00422) has the largest case of the series with 47 mm diameters. Its functions are limited to an hour, minute and small second, in addition, it has on the back of the case an indication of the remaining energy reserve. Its dial is kept in deep black. The watch is available new from €9,300, who would prefer to buy the Luminor Marina cheap should take look into the online shop of Watchmaster: Here is the 2017 model used in very good condition with box and original papers offered for €6,610.
- The Panerai Luminor Marina 8 Days Acciaio (Ref. PAM00563) is a little smaller, but with 44 mm still not to be overseen. Its dial radiates white, the black numerals stand out clearly and perfectly readable. The Caliber P.5000 offers an impressive power reserve of eight days. This model also has an hour, minute and small seconds at nine o'clock. The EIA is available at €6,400. Watchmaster offers them for €5,600 in new condition, which, of course, includes original box and papers.
- Probably the most classic model is the Panerai Luminor Marina (Ref. PAM00111). A stainless steel case, a black dial with white numerals and stick indexes. Simple, functional and 43 mm in diameter make it very popular. Used it is in very good condition as a full set already from available for €3,790.
- The price wise leading model of the current collection is the Panerai Luminor Marina 8 Days Oro Rosso (Ref. PAM00511). It is also 44 mm wide, but its case is made of rose gold. The Caliber Panerai P.5000 also ticks inside. The dial is dark brown, which harmonises very well with the same-coloured leather bracelet. With a price of €20,900 in new condition, it is rather expensive.
The outstanding career of a trendsetter
In the 1990s Panerai launched the Panerai Luminor Marina
for the first time. Originally it was developed for the Italian Navy which was initially the only customer. The timepiece is very robust, almost martial – reduced to the essentials. High comfort and optimum use are always in the focus of the production. Almost overnight, the watch became a surprise hit
which no one had expected.
Previously, the Panerai Luminor Base
was launched on the market, this model also gained unexpected popularity. Nobody in the company itself nor in professional circles expected such a success, especially since Panerai was still quite unknown. In retrospect, both the Panerai Luminor Base and the Panerai Luminor Marina can diligently call it a pioneer for the ensuing wave of oversized watches
. Because that's exactly what happened shortly after – the trend went to flashy, big timepieces. This development was owed to the launch of such a timepiece from the Italian manufactory.
A sturdy watch for strong arms
From Italy via Hollywood to the world
After economic difficulties in the early stages of the company's history, it was a solid man named Sylvester Stallone who set the foundation for the brand’s success. On a visit to Florence, he discovered a boutique of Panerai – and was mesmerized by the Luminor series models
he found there. He bought several watches for himself, but also to give them to his friends. Among them, Arnold Schwarzenegger: He and Stallone wore the watches on their own during the filming of various films. Since the extremely masculine watch is highly recognisable and the two Hollywood giants have quite some fans, the company gained a place on the same level as other renowned luxury watch manufacturers virtually overnight. Other stars have also caught attention: in "San Andreas", the Panerai Luminor Submersible can be seen on the wrist of Dwayne Johnson. Brad Pitt and Pierce Brosnan both wear a Panerai Luminor Marina
. And even Orlando Bloom, Adrien Brody, Robin Williams, Heidi Klum and Bill Clinton own a Luminor. The list of prominent owners seems endless.
Other exciting Panerai series
- The Panerai Luminor Base was launched in the 1990s. At first glance, it looks very much like the Luminor Marina, but the Base only shows hours and minutes in puristic design. It is available with white or black dial.
- With the Panerai Luminor Submersible, the company succeeded the reinterpreting of a diver's watch. Which was designed in 1956 for the Egyptian Navy. The watch is home to an automatic movement and a unidirectional rotating bezel, which also has an increased grip for use underwater.
- The Panerai Radiomir pays homage to Panerai's first watch. Already in 1938, the company used a substance derived from zinc sulfate, mesothorium and radium bromide to illuminate the hands and digits in the dark. Therefore, the name of the series is derived. What the watch does not have is the crown protection bridge, but it looks less brutal despite its 45 mm diameter.
- As an Italian manufactory, Panerai had a partnership with Ferrari until 2010. From this alliance emerged some very interesting models. The watches are popular because they are simply no longer built today. They are called Panerai Ferrari and reflect both companies: the typical case shape of Panerai, paired with a dial inspired by racing. The prominent Ferrari logo is emblazoned at twelve o'clock, and the small second hand with its red hand and a quarter red scale reminds one strongly of a tachometer.