Buy Patek Philippe Calatrava watches, new, certified pre-owned and vintage
Finance a Calatrava watch
Investing in durable watches like the Patek Philippe Calatrava
can pay off. Not only is the material stable in terms of value. Many vintage models also gain in value over time due to their popularity with collectors and watch enthusiasts. Pre-owned and vintage Patek Philippe Calatrava
models can be found on watchmaster.com at low prices
. If you have opted for a model, you can either pay directly by credit card or PayPal, or you can decide for installment payments tailored to your needs.
In our online shop you will also find many other used, certified luxury watches from Patek Philippe and other manufacturers. If you have any questions or need further advice, feel free to contact our customer service.
Discover more about Patek Philippe Calatrava watches
The Calatrava is considered the classic among the round wristwatches. Clean lines and a simple design make it a symbol of the Swiss luxury brand Patek Philippe. For generations, watch lovers have been convinced due to its timeless elegance and unobtrusive perfection.
The Calatrava is available in white, yellow or rose gold and as an exquisite model made in platinum. Characteristic is in addition to the round shape the simple designed dial. On this the Calatrava often has an inconspicuous sub-dial at 6 o'clock for the small second hand. Older models, are usually designed very simple and completely dispense with a second hand and look so very classic. The current models are always equipped with high quality leather straps, which are very suitable for the elegant design. In the past, certain models were made with filigree gold bracelets, making the watches look a little more noble. Although the Patek Philippe Calatrava is a classic and simple timepiece, there are individual models that have a slightly more striking appearance through gemstones and diamonds. Another distinctive feature is the iconic cross, which dates back to the Knights of Calatrava, and adorns the crown of the elegant luxury watch.
The Patek Philippe Calatrava is very wearable in everyday life due to its classically simple design, but also looks elegant combined with evening wear. The perfect accessory for those who value classic design and high-quality watchmaking.
Interesting models of Patek Philippe Calatrava
Due to the long history of the Calatrava series, Patek Philippe lovers can now distinguish between a wide range of models. The current collection offers 31 model variants. But for collectors, especially vintage models are interesting. An investment in a used model can also be worthwhile, as iconic watches like the Calatrava often gain in value over time. Below you will find some interesting Calatrava models from our online shop:
- The case of the Patek Philippe Calatrava 3919J is made of yellow gold and has a diameter of 33.5mm. The dial is white, with Roman numerals and has a subdial at 6 o'clock. The watch is equipped with a black leather strap in crocodile look.
- The Patek Philippe Calatrava 3919/005 is a model made of yellow gold with a case size of 33.5mm. Also, the bracelet is made of yellow gold and has an inner circumference of 16 cm. The white dial is equipped with Roman numerals and a subdial at 6 o'clock.
- The Patek Philippe Calatrava 2592 is a true vintage model from the 60s. The case is made of yellow gold, the dial is champagne-colored and only provided with restrained stick indices. The watch comes with an elegant leather strap.
- The Patek Philippe Calatrava 5115R is a rose gold model. Roman numerals and a subdial at 6 o'clock adorn the beige dial. The case size is 35mm and the watch is equipped with a black leather strap.
The history of the Patek Philippe Calatrava
The story of Patek Philippe is now almost 200 years old. It started in Geneva, where even today the headquarters of the iconic brand is located. Not only can the brand be proud of its centuries of expertise in excellent watchmaking, but it can proudly call itself the creator of some of the most complex movements. However, the brand has an excellent reputation not only for its innovative spirit, but above all for the complexity of its models. Patek Philippe has registered more than 70 patents, including one for their iconic winding crown.
As early as 1932, the Calatrava was followed by several other successful series and models, storming the hearts of watch enthusiasts worldwide. It was named after a knight order of the city Calatrava, whose cross adorns the crown of the watch. Just like the Order, it stands for tradition, honor and classic. The design of the watch is influenced by the Bauhaus style. The most popular model for a long time was the Calatrava Ref. 3919 with guilloche bezel "Clous de Paris" from 1985. After 21 years, this was replaced in 2006 by the Calatrava Ref. 5119, which took up the trend of slightly larger wristwatches. Patek Philippe Calatrava prices may vary depending on the material and condition. Due to high-quality materials, however, the Patek Philippe Calatrava watches are generally regarded as meaningful investments.
Famous Patek Philippe wearers
Since time immemorial, Patek Philippe stood for exclusive watches made of high quality materials. Hollywood appreciates the reliability, quality and exclusive design of the luxury watches. So you can see Patek Philippe watches on the wrist of the Beatles legend Paul McCartney, moderator Ellen DeGeneres and actor Charlie Sheen.
Some stars also have certain favorite models: That's how singer Ed Sheeran shows off the Worldtimer, Brad Pitt's favorite Patek Philippe is the Nautilus. The latter is even so enthusiastic about the brand that he gave his then wife Angelina Jolie a Minute Repeater. Famously known is the Patek Philippe with the reference number 2503 to be owned by Andy Warhol, which was auctioned a few years ago at an impressive price.
More exciting Patek Philippe series
- The Patek Philippe Nautilus is considered an icon among the Patek Philippe watches. The case shape of the sports watch is modeled after a porthole and was created by watch designer Gérald Genta.
- The Patek Philippe Golden Ellipse owes its name on one hand to its elliptical housing, and on the other hand, the golden section oriented arrangement of the stick indices. It is considered a timeless, artistically designed classic of the brand.
- In the Gondolo series all the non-round shaped watches of Patek Philippe are summarized: Here you will find rectangular, tonneau or pillow-shaped wristwatches with elaborate decorations - for watch lovers who are not afraid to attract attention!
- The Patek Philippe Aquanaut is a sporty-dynamic model, equipped with an innovative, abrasion-resistant bracelet. This consists of a new composite material that withstands ultraviolet rays. With its rectangular, rounded bezel it resembles to the sister series, the Nautilus.