More about the Rolex Lady-Datejust
Buy Rolex Lady-Datejust watches new, vintage and used
The Rolex Lady-Datejust is the classic of Rolex ladies watches.
Even the men's watch of the Datejust series is one of the legends of Rolex. One of the most well-known series in the Oyster Perpetual collection, the watch scores points both with understated elegance and straightforward brilliance.
The series is characterized by the date display at three o'clock, which changes at midnight within milliseconds to the next day. Although today many Rolex models are equipped with this technology, it was an absolute novelty when the series was launched. Both Datejust and Lady-Datejust are equipped with the typical Rolex cyclo-magnification glass over the date display, which gives the watch such a distinctive recognition value.
On the occasion of the 40th anniversary of Rolex, the so-called Jubilé bracelet was specially developed for the Datejust. It looks more filigree and thus more elegant than the Oyster bracelet. For this reason, it is especially popular with the Lady-Datejust. Later it was also introduced for other series. The biggest difference between the Lady-Datejust and the regular Datejust is the slim feminine design. It is available in many variations, including gold, white gold and silver. Many models are finished with diamonds which make the watch even more elegant.
The story of the Rolex Lady-Datejust
The Rolex Datejust was first introduced in 1945 to mark the 40th anniversary of the brand. It was the first watch that received the typical Rolex date display at three o'clock. It was the first waterproof, automatic wristwatch with date display and immediately became an above-average popular series. Another trademark of Rolex, which can be found today on many models, is the delicate Jubilé bracelet. This was initially reserved exclusively for the Rolex Datejust and was later used for other series.
The Rolex Datejust series chronicles the history of innovation at Rolex. Innovations that were initially introduced only for the Datejust series can now be found on many Rolex models and make the watch to such an icon. Its elegant design gives the watch style and adapts to any situation. End of the 50s, the series was then expanded by the Lady Datejust.
Due to the filigree Jubilé bracelet and simple design the Datejust was from the beginning very popular with the female clientele, due to the size however on narrow ladies wrists not always suitable. In response, Rolex developed the dainty Lady Datejust, initially exclusively in gold, with a diameter of 28 mm. Today, the watch is even available with a diameter of only 26 mm and in many different material and color variations.
Well-known owners of the Rolex Lady-Datejust
The Lady-Datejust is the classic for women among the Rolex watches. No wonder that famous people like singer Rihanna or actress Jennifer Garner fell in love with this watch.
Athletes like tennis players Zheng Jie and Ana Ivanovic are also very popular with the Oyster Perpetual Datejust.
It girl Kim Kardashian and her mother Kris Jenner were also both seen with a Rolex Lady Datejust. Buy a used Vintage Lady Datejust now and become part of this exclusive circle.
Popular models of the Rolex Lady-Datejust
- The Lady-Datejust Ref. 69173 is perfect for any lady who likes it classically elegant. With her Bicolor Jubilé bracelet in silver-yellow gold she looks very petite and feminine. It has a gold grooved bezel and comes with either stick indices or high quality diamond indices. The dial is available in different colors like champagne, silver and blue.
- Those who prefer a silver-colored watch on the wrist will like the Rolex Lady-Datejust Ref. 179174. The silver Jubilé bracelet is unobtrusive and simple, yet incomparably elegant. A special feature of this watch is that it can be found on many models with Roman indices and thus sets itself apart from other watches. If the Roman numbers are too special, there is also the option of acquiring the watch with stick indices or diamond indices. The striking grooved bezel lends the Lady-Datejust a special accent that makes the watch unmistakable.
- Particularly striking is the Rolex Lady-Datejust Ref. 179178 with its three-row President bracelet and precisely set diamond indices. The bright yellow gold makes the watch a real highlight on every wrist.
- A relatively eye-catching variation of this series is the Rolex Lady-Datejust Ref. 179159. The white gold watch has a bezel set with diamonds and either diamond or roman indexes. The bracelet is a simple President bracelet, so that the watch is a real eye-catcher, but not pretentious, thanks to the perfectly arranged diamonds.
- The perfect counterpart to this is the Lady-Datejust Ref 179138, which also shines with a diamond-set bezel, but is made in bright yellow gold. Particularly striking are the different dials, which come in gold or mother of pearl, giving the clock even more prestige.
More interesting series from Rolex
- The Rolex Air-King is a perfect beginner model. It is one of the lower priced Rolex watches and still offers the classic Rolex look. It was very popular with British fighter pilots during the Second World War and became a classic even outside of expert circles.
- The Rolex GMT Master II is still strongly associated with the luxury airline Pan Am, whose pilots were equipped with the wristwatch with two-toned bezel. In other variations, it is still a more than popular model.
- The Rolex Daytona is a racing driver's watch, named after the famous car race on Daytona Beach in Florida. With tachymeter function, it is not only for racers a practical companion.
- The Rolex Datejust convinces with classic elegance. It is a beautiful example of a successful combination of design and functionality.
- The Rolex Submariner is the classic diver watch par excellence. Thanks to it´s unidirectional rotating bezel, diving and decompression time can be optimally monitored. As James Bond proved, she is also a good companion to a suit.