Buy Rolex Oyster Perpetual watches certified pre-owned, new, used and vintage
How to finance an Oyster Perpetual watch
Watchmaster offers many ways for you to buy a certified pre-owned Rolex Oyster Perpetual
. Pay easily with your credit card or plan long term and pay in monthly instalments. PayPal is also available to you. If you still have questions about a type of financing or in general to one of our vintage watches, please call our customer service. We advise you on the current models and prices of Oyster Perpetual watches
.ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL 114300
The classic watch model: Rolex Oyster Perpetual
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual
is the perfect watch for anyone looking for a timeless, understated watch. It is not too noticeable on the wrist, but can still impress with its classic design
. In addition, the Oyster Perpetual is one of the more affordable watches from Rolex
, but without losing prestige, making it perfect for beginners. The strikingly unobtrusive Oyster Perpetual is elegant yet classy, without being flashy. It has three hands in the classic Rolex style and is made with a case of stainless steel. The Rolex Oyster Perpetual comes with no date, diamonds or other adornments. The watch relies 100 % on simple functionality and dispenses with everything that is not necessarily needed.
With four different sizes (26, 31, 34 and 39 mm), the watch is equally popular among both men and women.
Interesting Oyster Perpetual models and their prices
The current collection offers a classic stainless steel bracelet made of Oyster steel and various coloured dials of classic black or white over green to burgundy is something for everyone. Thus, the wearer has the opportunity to set accents despite the simple design.
Since this series belongs to the most affordable models of Rolex, the Oyster Perpetual is ideally suited as an entry-level model.
ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL 124300
- The Rolex Oyster Perpetual (Ref. 116000) is a steel model and comes with a grey dial and the calibre 3130. As a unisex watch and a case size of 36 mm it is a good women's and men's watch. This model is available for 4,890 € and in mint condition from 2018.
- The Oyster Perpetual (Ref. 114300) is more extravagant with its red and purple dial and white indices. This is also a unisex watch, water resistant to 100m and costs around 4,990 € in mint condition from 2019.
- The Oyster Perpetual (Ref. 6332) is a real vintage watch. It has a black dial and leather strap and is a typical men's watch, although its 33 mm case is a bit smaller. You can buy this vintage Oyster Perpetual model in excellent pre-owned condition for 4,040 € from 1945.
The story of the Oyster Perpetual
In 1926, the Rolex Oyster
was introduced, the world's first waterproof watch
. In 1931 Rolex filed a patent for a permanent automatic winding system. Two years later, the series was then expanded with the Rolex Oyster Perpetual
: The first waterproof automatic watch
was born. Until then, the wearer had to manually wind the watch over and over again. The new movement of Rolex winds itself during the movement of the wearer's wrist due to the hammer automatic. This revolutionary innovation was soon adapted by other watch manufacturers and can now be found in every automatic watch. The Rolex Oyster Perpetual is one of the classics of Rolex and can look back on an impressive, revolutionary history despite its simplicity.
Coinciding with the release of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual, the first successful flight expedition over Mount Everest has started. The overflight of the mountain seemed impossible until then. All participating pilots were equipped with the new, revolutionary watch.
Today the Oyster Perpetual technology is standard on all Rolex watches. You will find the lettering directly below the eye-catching Rolex logo. This implies that every Rolex watch with this lettering is both waterproof and dustproof as well as automatically operated.
The Oyster Perpetual was one of the biggest innovations in Rolex history. Since its release, the design has remained virtually unchanged, only the material has been refined over the years and has made the watch even more stable and robust. To remain true to the original design, even today only stainless steel is used for the production of the Oyster Perpetual.
Famous wearers of the Oyster Perpetual
With the flight over Mount Everest not only the pilots, but also their wristwatches – the Rolex Oyster Perpetual
– became legends.
In Ian Fleming's James Bond "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," the Oyster Perpetual is called the famous agent's wristwatch.
Although Bond wears a Rolex Submariner in the movies, the Oyster Perpetual is the agent's original watch.
More Rolex models
- As an entry-level model, the Rolex Air-King is recommended. Worn by British fighter pilots during World War II, it impresses with its striking size and classic-simple Rolex design.
- The Daytona is named after the eponymous car race at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida. With a tachymeter display on the bezel, it is not only for racers a useful companion.
- The Submariner is the classic among diving watches and an absolute icon. Even James Bond showed that she wears a tuxedo and a diving suit.
- The GMT-Master II is the pilot's watch series from Rolex. It is still associatively linked to the luxury airline Pan Am and, thanks to the display of multiple time zones, it is not only interesting for frequent travellers.
- The Milgauss can withstand magnetic fields of up to 1.000 Gauss without being influenced in their accuracy. Characteristic is her orange arrow-shaped hand, which makes her a special eye-catcher.