Buy Rolex Oyster Perpetual watches certified pre-owned, new, used and vintage
How to finance an Oyster Perpetual watch
Watchmaster offers many ways for you to buy a certified, used Rolex Oyster Perpetual
. Pay easily with your credit card or plan longer term and pay in monthly installments. PayPal is also available to you. If you still have questions about a type of financing or in general to one of our vintage watches, please call our customer service. We advise you on current models and prices
of Oyster Perpetual!
THE classic watch model - Rolex Oyster Perpetual
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual is the perfect watch for anyone looking for a timeless, understated watch. It is not too noticeable on the wrist, but can still impress with its classic design.
In addition, the Oyster Perpetual is one of more affordable watches of Rolex, but without losing prestige, making it perfect for beginners.
The strikingly unobtrusive Oyster Perpetual is elegant yet classy, without being flashy. It has three hands in the classic Rolex style and is made exclusively with case of stainless steel. The Rolex Oyster Perpetual comes with no date, diamonds or other adornments. The watch relies 100% on simple functionality and dispenses with everything that is not necessarily needed.
With four different sizes (26, 31, 34 and 39 mm), the watch is equally popular with both men and women.
How much is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual? - Interesting Models and their prices
The current collection offers a classic stainless steel bracelet made of Oyster steel and various colored dials of classic black / white over green to burgundy is something for everyone. Thus, the wearer has the opportunity to set accents despite the simple design.
Since this series belongs to the most affordable models of Rolex, the Oyster Perpetual is ideally suited as an entry-level model.
- The Rolex Oyster Perpetual 116000is a steel model and comes with a grey dial and the caliber 3130. As a unisex watch and a case size of 36 mm it is a good womens and mens watch. This model is available for 4,890 € and in mint condition from 2018.
- The Oyster Perpetual 114300 is more extravagant with its red and purple dial and white indices. This is also a unisex watch, water resistant to 100m and costs around 4,990 € in mint condition from 2019.
- The Oyster Perpetual Ref. 6332 is a real vintage watch. It has a black dial and leather strap and is a typical mens watch, although its case size is with 33mm a bit smaller. You can buy this vintage Oyster Perpetual model in good pre-owned condition for 4,040 € form 1945.
The story of Oyster Perpetual
In 1926, the Rolex "Oyster" was introduced, the world's first waterproof watch. In 1931 Rolex filed the patent for a permanent automatic winding system. Two years later, the series was then expanded with the Rolex Oyster Perpetual: The first waterproof automatic watch
was born. Until then, the wearer had to wind the watch again and again manually. The new movement of Rolex winds itself during the movement of the wearers wrist due to the hammer automatic. This revolutionary innovation was soon adapted by other watch manufacturers and can now be found in every automatic watch. The Rolex Oyster Perpetual is one of the classics of Rolex and can look back on an impressive, revolutionary history despite its simplicity.
Coinciding with the release of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual, the first successful flight expedition over Mount Everest has started. The overflight of the mountain seemed impossible until then. All participating pilots were equipped with the new, revolutionary watch.
Today the Oyster Perpetual technology is standard on all Rolex watches. You will find the lettering directly below the eye-catching Rolex logo. This implies that every Rolex watch with this lettering is both waterproof and dustproof as well as automatically operated.
The Oyster Perpetual was one of the biggest innovations in Rolex history. Since its release, the design has remained virtually unchanged, only the material has been refined over the years and has made the watch even more stable and robust. To remain true to the original design, even today only stainless steel is used in the production for the Oyster Perpetual.
Famous bearer of the Oyster Perpetual
With the flight over Mount Everest not only the pilots, but also their wristwatches - the Rolex Oyster Perpetual - became legends.
In Ian Fleming's James Bond "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," the Oyster Perpetual is called the famous agent's wristwatch.
Although Bond wears a Rolex Submariner in the movies, the Oyster Perpetual is the agent's original watch.
More Rolex models
- As an entry level model, the Rolex Air King is recommended. Worn by British fighter pilots during World War II, it impresses with its striking size and classic-simple Rolex design.
- The Daytona is named after the eponymous car race at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida. With tachymeter display on the bezel, it is not only for racers a useful companion.
- The Submariner is the classic among diving watches and an absolute icon. Even James Bond showed that she wears both a tuxedo and a diving suit.
- The GMT-Master II is the pilot's watch series from Rolex. It is still associatively linked to the luxury airline Pan Am and, thanks to the display of multiple time zones, it is not only interesting for frequent travelers.
- The Milgauss can withstand magnetic fields of up to 1000 Gauss without being influenced in their accuracy. Characteristic is her orange arrow-shaped hand, which makes her a special eye-catcher.