Buy Rolex Submariner watches new, vintage and certified pre-owned
The Rolex Submariner
is the most popular Rolex model and probably the most iconic luxury watch of all times. Its simple and elegant design makes it a perfect fit for any outfit. Its style has hardly changed over 50 years, which makes new, pre-owned and vintage Submariner watches very popular.
Finance Submariner watches - easy and fast
The current collection includes 8 different Submariner
models, which differ mainly by the materials used and the date display. As a result, a fairly large span is achieved in terms of price
. Even with current models, it is therefore worthwhile to search for certified pre-owned Submariners
. Submariner watches are the classic among Rolex watches and have therefore a constant increasing price development. Are you interested in buying a Submariner
from our shop online? We offer besides rare vintage models also new and pre-owned Submariner watches
in best condition and at best prices. In addition, we offer you several payment methods - credit card, paypal or bank transfer - every method is possible for you to chose. If such a expense is currently a little bit uncomfortable to pay at once, there is also the option to finance your Submariner
watch and to pay in small installments over time. Contact our customer service anytime for more information.
Rolex Submariner Hulk 116610LV
Rolex Submariner prices and models
How much does a sub cost?
- The Rolex Submariner 114060 is one of the classic Submariner No Date models. The bracelet and case are made of Oyster steel, bezel and dial are in classic black. The price of a pre-owned Sub No Date is about 9,000 €.
- The Rolex Submariner 116610LN is one of the Subamriner Date models. Case and Oyster bracelet are made of Oyster steel, bezel and dial are black. Priced it is new at 7.750 €.
Die Rolex Submariner 116610LN ist eines der klassischen Modelle der Subamriner Date. Gehäuse und Oyster-Armband sind aus Oystersteel gefertigt, Lünette und Zifferblatt sind schwarz. The price of a second hand Sub Date is about 9,300 €.
- The Rolex Submariner 116610LV is affectionately called "Hulk" because of its green bezel and green dial. Bracelet and bezel are made of Oyster steel, as a Submariner Date it comes with the date window at 3 o'clock. Its price is about 15,000 €.
- The Rolex Submariner 116613LB is a Rolesor model equipped with a stainless steel and yellow gold bracelet. Bezel and dial are coming in navy blue with golden highlights. At 3 o'clock you can see the classic cyclops date-loupe. Second-hand price: 12,500 €.
- The Rolex Submariner 116613LN is also a Rolesor model as well whose bracelet is made from a combination of stainless steel and yellow gold. Bezel and dial are in elegant black. It is also equipped with date window at 3 o'clock. The price is between 11,500 and 14,000 €.
- The Rolex Submariner 116619LB, also called "Smurf", has a white golden case and bracelet. Bezel and dial come in blue, at 3 o'clock there is a date magnifying glass. New it costs 33,000 €, certified pre-owned you can buy this Submariner for 28,000 €.
- The Rolex Submariner 116618LB features a yellow gold case and bracelet. The rotating bezel and dial are in navy blue, it is a Date model with date window at 3 o'clock. Its pre-owned price: 30,000 €.
- The Rolex Submariner 116618LN comes with bezel and black dial. Bracelet and case are made of yellow gold. The new price is 31.100 €.
THE diver's watch par excellence: The Submariner
The beloved classic within the Rolex collection
The Rolex Submariner
is one of the most iconic watches from Rolex and considered THE diver's watch par excellence
. It is the perfect symbiosis of waterproof sports diving watch and elegant everyday watch. Thanks to the adjustable Glidelock clasp, it can be perfectly combined with both, a diving suit and business outfit. Since its introduction in 1953, the watch quickly became a classic outside of the diving world.
Current models still show the unmistakable features of the original model with the Ref. 6204
. Improvements were deliberately made in detail, but the series always remained true to the original look. With the Rolex-typical Oyster case, large, luminescent indexes on a distinctive dial, and a one-way turning bezel, the luxury watch has worldwide recognition and is equally popular with collectors and enthusiasts.
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
The Sub collection at a glance
Rolex offers a wide range of Submariner models: The Submariner 114060
is a Submariner "No Date"
made of stainless steel with a black dial without date display. Like the other models of the current collection, it is outfitted with the characteristic, luminescent stick indices. The Submariner 116610LN
is a Submariner "Date" also comes in stainless steel with black bezel and black dial. It is equipped with date display. A small surprise was the Submariner 116610LV, which was presented as a special edition for the 50th anniversary of the Submariner. It is equipped with green bezel and green dial and is therefore also called "Hulk". The bi-color and all-gold variants of the Submariner offer a noble sight. The 116613LB impresses with its blue dial and matching blue bezel. The Sub 116613LN comes with a black dial in a combination of stainless steel and 18k yellow gold.
Vintage watches of the series are particularly valuable
With more than 70 years of history, the Submariner has made many of Rolex's most significant optical changes itself: whether the change from tritium to radium to LumiNova
, or various improvements to the bracelet, dial and bezel. So much history has its price, of course, but collectors are happy to pay for the right model. All models manufactured before 1960 are interesting, such as the ref. 6536
, which is sold at five-figure prices. Further interesting vintage Submariner are the ref. 5512
and ref. 5513
. Additional vintage favorites are the ref. 1680
and Submariner ref. 1680 Single Red
. In the latter, the series name is written in rare red letters on the dial.
Rolex Submariner Kermit 16610LV
Kermit, Hulk and Smurf - the nicknames of the Submariner watches
Besides well-known names like Coke, Pepsi or Batman for GMT models
, the Submariner also has some interesting nicknames
to offer. The model with the reference 16610LV comes with a black dial and green bezel and is also affectionately called Kermit
. Her sister the 116610LV with a green bezel and green dial bears the name "Hulk". Beside these there is also the Rolex "Schlumpf" with blue bezel and blue dial (Ref. 116619LB) as well as the "Single Red", which was the first Submariner to get the date function and on which the serial name is written in red.
Famous bearers of the Sub
It´s most famous appearance the Submariner had probably on the arm of Sean Connery in several James Bond films
. In "Doctor No" 1963 Connery wore the ref. 6538, a model that also accompanies him in the following film "Greetings from Moscow". Also in "Goldfinger" Bond can be seen with the Ref. 6538, while in Pussy Galore he wears a GMT Master, Ref. 6542.
The Submariner is also popular with a number of other celebrities: Steve McQueen, Fidel Castro and Brad Pitt are just a few examples. McQueen wore a Submariner 5512
- a "no date" with black dial, black bezel and classic Oyster bracelet. That Castro possessed several Rolex models, is photographically proven. Particularly well-known are the photographs of Castro, on which he wears two Rolex watches on the left arm in the early 1960s, a Daydate and a Submariner. One of the most plausible theories is that he wore two watches at the same time, in case one of them stops working. At the same time countless conspiracy theories circulate. The real reason for that will probably remain a mystery. Also Brad Pitt owns several models of the swiss brand and was seen with different models for roles, photo shoots and film premieres.
Rolex Submariner Bluesy 116613LB
The story of the "Sub"
Rolex introduced the first diver's watch back in 1926, developing the way for subsequent developments. The sparkling idea for the Submariner came from a member of the Rolex board: René-Paul Jeanneret, for his part scuba diver, suggested to develop a watch that could be worn in everyday life, but at the same time withstand the intense strain of diving. Above all, the high pressure under water was a problem. A milestone had already been overcome: Rolex had developed in 1926 with the Oyster housing the world's first waterproof watch case. Bezel, caseback and winding crown are hermetically bolted to the middle section, forming a watertight unit.
The Submariner itself was presented to the public in 1954 at the watch fair in Basel and was waterproof up to 100m depth. In later years, Rolex extended these to 200 m for watches such as the Ref. 5517 and ref. 1680
and later to 300 m for, for example, the current models 114060 and 116610LN, as well as their predecessors, the 14060 M and 16610. The first models lacked today's characteristic crown protection, which was introduced in 1959 and makes them today a popular collectible. In 1966, the first Submariner with date display was presented. Since then models without date have been given the nickname "No Date".
An upgrade of the Submariner 16610 is the ref. 16610T
, where the "T" stands for the newer cases with undrilled horns.
The Oyster housing, the epitome of water resitants under extreme conditions
Over the years, Rolex has repeatedly demonstrated the reliability of its Oyster case. In September 1953, the Oyster case was subject to an endurance test when Professor Auguste Piccard undertook the first manned dive
with the Bathyscape FNRS-2. At 3.151 meters, the Bathyscaph dived in the Mediterranean, with a custom-made steel timepiece fitted with a Rolex luminous dial on the hull, which mastered the depth with ease. In January 1960, Rolex once again demonstrated the exceptional ruggedness of the Oyster case as Professor Piccard plunged in the Challenger Deep, into the deepest point of the ocean
, in the Mariana Trench at stunning 10.910 meters. Once again attached to the outer hull was a Rolex watch developed especially for this mission, which, as expected, overcame the challenge with ease.
MORE EXCITING ROLEX SERIES
- The GMT-Master 2 with its rotating 24 hour bezel is the perfect companion for anyone who wants to keep track of more than one time zone.
- The Daytona owes its name to the famous Daytona car race. Also visually it is a tribute to racing and by their distinctive tachymeter an absolute eye-catcher.
- The Datejust embodies the classic Rolex look. Their design is simple and convinces by design and precision.
- The Milgauss withstands magnetic fields of up to 1000 Gauss. It´s orange arrow-shaped hand is an absolute eye-catcher and gives the Milgauss a special status within the Rolex series.
- The Air-King is a great beginner model. Originally worn by British fighter pilots during World War II, it quickly gained in popularity thanks to its classic design.