Buy TAG Heuer Aquaracer watches new, vintage and used
Aquaracer: The story of the sporty model from TAG Heuer
TAG Heuer has always been passionate about water sports. Back in 1895, the luxury brand launched the first pocket watch with a waterproof case. The TAG Heuer Aquaracer series is a professional water sports watch, which is in the tradition of its predecessor models, but by their appealing design, looks good even outside the waves.
It was preceded by water sports watches for professional use such as the Yachting Timer, a regatta watch with countdown function or the Heuer Solunar, the first watch with tide display.
From 1982 on, the series 2000 went into production, a diving watch that is waterproof up to 300m diving depth. This is followed in 2002 by the Aquagraph series, which was available for the Navy Seals and was tested and used up to a diving depth of 500m. The experience with both watches provided the basis for the development of the Aquaracer. Launched one year later, the series is a push into the professional diving watch segment, which is both sporty and appealing.
Features of TAG Heuer Aquaracer watches
The TAG Heuer Aquaracer is designed as a water sports watch, which can also be used in the professional field. Depending on the model, its depth varies between 300m and 500m. Within the series, there is a wide choice between chronograph dive watches and three-hand models, which are available with different case diameter and different calibers. Most models in the series feature six indexes on the unidirectional, 12-cornered bezel for better underwater grip.
Interesting models of the TAG Heuer Aquaracer at a glance
The series is divided into divers chronographs and divers watches, which is divided into different models. Men's models in the current collection have a case diameter of 40.5mm to 43mm and are available in titanium, ceramic and stainless steel. Some use the TAG Heuer Caliber S electro-mechanical chronograph movement, which can measure hundredths of a second. The ladies watches of the current collection are as versatile as the men's series: they vary in diameter from 27mm to 35mm and are equipped with a 12-cornered bezel. They come with stick or diamond indexes and are waterproof at a depth of 200m or 300m.
- Aquaracer Automatic Chronograph
The classic version of the series is waterproof to 300m diving depth and equipped with a one directional adjustable rotating bezel with six additional indexes for a better grip. It has a chronograph function and has three additional totalizers on the dial.
- Aquaracer Calibre S
The model launched in 2008 is waterproof up to a depth of up to 300m. As the name implies, the Caliber S is used, which measures to a hundredth of a second. For a better grip, it is equipped with the typical for the series six indexes.
- Aquaracer Calibre S Regatta
As well here, the Caliber S movement is installed. The chronograph is not only equipped with a stop function, but also has a countdown function and a retrograde calendar. The aluminum bezel is equipped with a countdown scale and therefore dispenses with the indexes.
- Aquaracer Calibre 16 Day-Date Chronograph
The model presented in 2007 is waterproof at a depth of up to 300m, and available in 41mm and 43mm diameter. The latter size has a weekday display at 3 o'clock. There are six tabs on the tachymeter bezel for better grip.
- Aquaracer 500M Calibre 5
The variant presented in 2009 is, as the name suggests, equipped with a Caliber 5 and waterproof at depths of up to 500m. It has no “grip indexes” on the striking bezel and visually differs through the grooves on bezel and dial. It is a 3-hand watch with a date magnifier at 9 o'clock.
- Aquaracer 500M Calibre 5 Full Black
In 2010, a completely black version of the Aquaracer 500M Caliber 5 was introduced. It also has the Caliber 5 movement, is waterproof up to a depth of 500m and has the characteristic design of the previous model, but is completely black.
- Aquaracer 500M Automatic Chronograph
Also in 2010, a chronograph model with 500m water resistance was presented. It has a chronograph function and three sub-dials and comes comes with a rubber or stainless steel bracelet.
- Aquaracer 300M Automatic Chronograph
The women's collection got 2017 a new update, also waterproof up to 300m diving depth. With a diameter of 35mm, the timepieces are sporty and yet a statement. The watch is available in stainless steel in ocean blue or black.
Don’t crack under pressure
TAG Heuer is aimed at stylish personalities who go their own way. The focus of their "Do not crack under pressure" campaign is on celebrities and public figures who, despite external pressure, perform excellently and regularly cross their own borders. Famous faces like Gigi Hadid, Chris Hemsworth and Cara Delevingne promote the campaign.
The Aquaracer joins this tradition. While their models can withstand all diving depths of at least 300m, they also withstand the enormous pressure under water at the same time. A special screw connection allows for optimal performance in any environment.
More interesting series from TAG Heuer
- The Formula 1 is a tribute to motor racing. Also next to the racetrack it convinces with design and comfort. Featuring a unidirectional rotating bezel and on most models with chronograph function, it radiates sportiness and classic elegance.
- The Carrera is also inspired by racing. Named after the notorious Rally Carrera Panamericana, arguably the most dangerous car race in the world, it is the perfect companion for the fast paced everyday life.
- The Monaco became a legend in 1971 on the wrist of Steve McQueen in Le Mans. Due to its special square shape, it is an absolute eye-catcher. As the first waterproof square watch with automatic movement, it set new standards and is still new and equally popular as a vintage model.
- The pillow-shaped Classic Monza, like Carrara and Monaco, is also inspired by racing and was originally equipped with one of the first caliber automatic caliber calibers. Niki Lauda was awarded the title of world champion in 1976, with a slightly eccentric design real eye-catcher.
- The Link is named after her bracelet. The S-shaped links provide extra comfort and are elegant to look at. The watch itself is available as a simple 3-hand model and as a chronograph variant with three totalizers.