Buy or finance Vulcain watches online
If you would like to have an affordable Vulcain watch
in your possession, Watchmaster has many options for processing your purchase even on financing. You can either pay quickly and easily by credit card or in just a few clicks via PayPal. If you prefer to finance your Vulcain watch
, you can simply arrange a monthly instalment purchase with us. Every second-hand watch is thoroughly checked by us before the sale, refurbished and provided with a certificate of authenticity. We give you a 100% authenticity guarantee.
Especially certified pre-owned Vulcain watches
are often much cheaper than new models and can therefore represent a good investment. Should you have any questions or would like a personal consultation, feel free to contact our customer service or find out more on our website.
The five most popular Vulcain models
- The Vulcain Nautical is the result of a cooperation with the diving pioneer Hannes Keller, which started in 1959. The mechanical wristwatches indicate decompression levels precisely and were able to dive as far as 300 meters deep already as early as 1962. Today's models are equipped with the iconic cricket calibre and allow the watch to trigger an audible alarm when underwater. The decompression table on the dial gives the models of the collection a unique recognition value.
- On the other hand, the Vulcain Aviator GMT wants to fly high. The pilot's watch is designed for every travelling customer who would like to keep track of several time zones at the same time. The pilot's watches of the brand are robust and easy to read. Although designed for the skies, the Vulcain Aviator GMT is waterproof up to 10 ATM. Some models of the series have written on the dial the most important cities in the world to always be able to read the respective local time straight away.
- Vulcain's Cricket or President’s Watch collection are the brand's flagship models. The story of the series goes back to the tenure of US President Harry S. Truman. The Cricket watch was the world's first watch with a wake-up alarm feature. Today, the collection is divided into numerous sub-collections with extra complications. For example, the President's Chrono has a built-in chronograph function and the President's Moon has a sleek moon-phase display at six o'clock.
- But as you know, behind every strong man is a strong woman. Vulcain is aware of that and conceived a stylish collection for women. The Vulcain First Lady has a filigree, oval case and is technical as up to date as the men's model. The models are available in stainless steel or rose gold, 16 different versions of the dial offer today's modern woman an eclectic selection.
- A very eye-catching series, however, is the Vulcain Anniversary Heart collection. It also has an integrated alarm system. But what makes the watches so special is the extravagant design. Depending on the model, you can see the movement inside through the partly open, skeletonized dial. They are up to 5 ATM water-resistant and equipped with super scratch-resistant sapphire crystal.
Vulcain watches and their prices
Vulcain Aviator GMT 100108.028RF
Price: €2,580 (2010)
Material: Steel, rubber strap
Main features: men’s watch, central second, 20-second alarm, 24-hour world time display, 42mm diameter, water-resistant up to 10 ATM, automatic movement
Vulcain Anniversary Heart Calendar 160128Q05
Price: €4,280 (2017)
Material: Steel, leather strap
Main features: men’s watch, central second, 20-second alarm, date display at 12 o'clock, 42mm diameter, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, water-resistant up to 5 ATM, manual wound movement
Vulcain Cricket 100503.017D
Price: €6,850 (2008)
Material: Rose gold, diamonds, leather
Main features: Ladies watch, manual movement, vintage chronograph, stick indices and Arabic numerals
Vulcain Presidents Chronograph 570157.315L
Price: €2,330 (2015)
Material: Steel, leather
Main features: Men’s watch, small second at 9 o'clock, chronograph minute counter, central seconds counter, 42mm diameter, scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, sapphire crystal back, water-resistant up to 5 ATM, Arabic numerals
Vulcain Revolution GMT 210129.192LF
Price: €5,140 (2011)
Material: Steel, leather
Main features: Men’s watch, automatic movement, water-resistant to 5 ATM, GMT function
central second, date display at 6 o'clock
The presidential brand: The history of Vulcain
In 1858, the watchmaker Maurice Ditisheim
founded a small watch workshop in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, where he exclusively produced pocket watches that have become known for sophisticated complications and their precise movements
. At the beginning of the 20th century, wristwatches were added to the company's portfolio, which quickly became very popular. Unlike other brands at the time, Vulcain did not shy away from embracing and developing the new trend. Early on, the brand had a variety of men's and women's watches.
Probably the biggest milestone of the company was in 1947 the launch of the first Vulcain Cricket model
. The unique selling point of the model was an integrated alarm function. This innovation was so unique and popular that even the American Presidents Truman, Eisenhower, Lyndon B. Johnson and Nixon themselves wore the model. Because of these personalities, these models today are also called presidential watches or “President's Watches”
. This great opportunity finally gave Vulcain a place among luxury watches.
Another revolutionary innovation of the brand brought the diving watch Cricket Nautical
. It had a precise decompression scale. This characteristic was especially appreciated by divers, as it helped them to determine the decompression time while diving. In 1961, the diving expert Hannes Keller, with a Vulcain Cricket Nautical on his arm, was able to set the then-record in Heliox deep diving. During the quartz crisis, the brand retreated and the famous cricket movement was only installed in the watches of the brand Revue. In 2001 Vulcain broke away from the MSR group
, an association of several watch brands, and became a member of the PMH
(Production et Marketing Horologist). Today the Manufacture des Montres Vulcain SA
sells all of the brand’s watches. In addition, the company moved to the city of precision, Le Locle. A place that the founder wanted for the company.
Today's collection is characterized by the latest technical progress, paired with the design ideas of the historical predecessors. That is why the latest watch collections of Vulcain often have an extraordinary vintage charm
Vulcain’s company philosophy
The philosophy of Vulcain, given by the founder, has always been to produce high-quality timepieces
that combine excellent value for money
and have great complications
. A watch should not only be seen as a cold, emotionless timepiece, but rather it should become a trusted friend whom one could rely on and who supported and accompanied one in every situation.