When one thinks of Swiss luxury watches, it is precise wristwatches of excellent quality that come to mind, so it is no wonder that the name Breitling is also mentioned often. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of timepieces with virtually indestructible, bold designs. Even if it is hard to constrain the list to just ten reasons, we'd like to share ten reasons why we love the brand Breitling.
10 reasons why we love Breitling
1. Made by BreitlingAs one of the world's leading manufacturers of luxury watches, Breitling is known for timepieces of exceptional quality and precision. The "Made by Breitling" label implies uncompromising testing, the finest materials and strict quality control. It stands for more than a century of expertise and timeless designs. This allows the watchmaker to ensure that every single watch from Breitling lives up to its excellent reputation and remains faithful to its owner for a lifetime.
BREITLING DATORA R21330
2. Chronographs by BreitlingWhen one thinks of a watch from Breitling, what probably comes to mind is a large, impressive chronographs like the Navitimer or Chronomat. Breitling's relationship with these high-precision measurement instruments dates back to 1889, when Léon Breitling applied for a patent for a slim, precise chronograph that was easy to manufacture. It is therefore only natural that his son, Gaston, created one of the world's first wristwatch chronographs in 1915 and that Breitling's legendary success with chronographs continues to this day.
3. The connection to aviationThere has always been a close connection between Breitling and aviation. From the beginning, the Chronomat proved to be a popular watch among pilots and the Navitimer revolutionised the entire world of aviation with its circular slide rule on the bezel. Breitling's partnership with the aerobatic squadron of the Italian Air Force, the Frecce Tricolori, was commemorated with a special edition of the Chronomat, reinforcing the link between the Swiss manufacturer and pioneers in aviation.
BREITLING NAVITIMER WORLD A24322
4. Breitling's #SquadOnAMissionWhile virtually every watch manufacturer relies on collaborating with celebrities, Breitling goes one step further and has created entire "squads". These squads are made up of a few of the best men and women in their respective industries and represent not only the watch brand, but also their industry. For example, the Breitling Surfer Squad is comprised of Kelly Slater, Stephanie Gilmore and Sally Fitzgibbons; the Breitling Explorer Squad features David de Rothschild, Inge Solheim and Bertrand Piccard; and the Breitling Cinema Squad includes Brad Pitt, Charlize Theron and Adam Driver.
5. Never one without the other: Breitling and TravoltaJohn Travolta is a face that has become inseparably linked with Breitling. As a Hollywood actor, amateur pilot and brand ambassador for Breitling, the "Pulp Fiction" star will probably never be seen without wearing a Breitling watch on his wrist. Travolta has been a brand ambassadors for the company since 2009 and is a huge fan of the winged B. The actor has worn Breitling's iconic watches on screen as well. The timepieces appear in films such as "Wild Hogs", "The Abduction of the Pelham 123 Subway" and "Broken Arrow". This close connection between Travolta and Breitling evokes a feeling of happiness in us.
6. A helper when in need: The Breitling EmergencyThe philosophy behind Breitling's Professional Series is precisely summed up in the slogan "Watches for Professionals" and exactly what the Emergency series is all about. It was developed and designed to help all those who accidentally wander off the beaten path and quickly find themselves in an emergency. At the time of its release, the Emergency was the only watch that could send an emergency signal using a dual-frequency transmitter to trigger warnings or rescue and repatriation efforts. The Breitling Emergency has become a popular companion for expeditions in rough terrain and has proven that it is more than worth its money on numerous occasions. A watch capable of saving human lives is definitely one great reason on our list for why we love Breitling.
BREITLING CHRONOMAT 44 RAVEN MB0111C2.BD07.153S.M20DSA.2
7. A partnership between two giantsThe partnership between Breitling and Bentley began in 2002 with the debut of the first Bentley Continental GT. At that time, the British car manufacturer Bentley commissioned Breitling to design an analogue clock for the dashboard of the new Grand Tourer. Both companies represent many years of expertise in their respective fields, choice materials and the highest level of quality. During the collaboration, Breitling became aware of the many similarities, which led to Breitling not only designing the dashboard clock, but also launching numerous other "for Bentley" models. The Breitling for Bentley watches are, in line with a manufacturer from the Swiss Big Five, as powerful and imposing as a 500-plus horsepower car and these special editions can be found in a number of private watch collections. The latest product of this partnership is the Breitling Premier B01 Chronograph 42 Bentley Mulliner Limited Edition, which commemorates the Mulliner workshop in London and is a limited edition of only 1000 pieces.
8. Sustainable styleKelly Slater, the world's most successful surfer and a member of the Surfer Squad, calls the world's oceans his home – and like all of us, he prefers a clean home to a dirty one. That's why the professional surfer is dedicated to protecting the environment and cleaning up the ocean and has co-founded the fashion label "Outerknown". Each of the products is sustainable as well as made from recycled materials and impressively shows that sustainability can also look good. Breitling has partnered with this fashion label and brought out the Superocean Heritage Chronograph 44 Outerknown, whose bracelet is made from recycled nylon waste and is adorned with the "Outerknown" logo. A heart for the environment and the sense of duty to protect it is another reason why we love Breitling. But Breitling's social engagement doesn't stop there.
9. Support of the Ocean ConservancySince March 2018, Breitling has also been a proud partner of the Ocean Conservancy, which is committed to protecting the ocean and maintaining clean beaches. Breitling supports this non-governmental organization with its specially designed Ocean Conservancy Limited Edition Superocean Heritage Chronograph 44, which was launched as part of a huge beach-cleaning campaign in Bali, where 100 guests from Breitling helped Ocean Conservancy staff and a host of local residents to clean up several hundred kilograms of garbage on the beach. Breitling is donating part of the proceeds from the sales of this special edition, which is limited to 1000 pieces, to the Ocean Conservancy.
BREITLING SUPEROCEAN HERITAGE II CHRONOGRAPH 44 A133131A1G1W1